Anything you can do worse, I can do worser

Me and Ashe have no school for today and tomorrow and it really gave us a lot of time to spend time together.

"It's a good thing that our dads let us hang out," I said.

"Yeah, me too," Ashe said.

We walked towards the village and saw Sonic and the others chatting over some crazy, so we decided to drop by to ask them.

"Hey guys, what's all the hubba?" I asked.

"Well, your father and your uncle made some crazy bet that if your uncle loses to capture your father, the loser has to sing a romantic song at Meh Burger Karaoke Night," Amy replied.

"That's a crazy bet," I exclaimed.

"Yeah, it's gonna end badly," Ashe said.

"Why is that," Sonic asked.

"The thing is, Dad. You can get a little competitive," I replied.

"No way," He said.

"Really? Remember the time you and Knuckles competed to see who could put hats on the most monkeys," Amy asked.

"I don't remember them causing any real problems," Sonic said.

"And they looked so festive!" Knuckles added.

"This is just a good-natured competition between friends. One of whom happens to be a mechanical genius," Tails said.

"And the other is awesomely cool and super-fast!" Sonic said, confidently.

"Which is which?" Knuckles asked.

"Sonic is fast and Tails is smart," Amy replied.

"Right....Which one's Tails again?" Knuckles asked, cluelessly.

"May the best man win," Tails said.

"Oh, I intend to," Sonic said.

"Oh Boy," Me and Ashe said in unison.

As time went by, Tails puts a plate with a chili dog on it on an "X" made of seashells. 

He dusts off his hands and laughs. 

Sonic runs up, looks down at the plate, then up at the blatantly obvious bamboo cage hanging above, then over at the smirking Tails.

"Seriously? That's the best you can do?" Sonic asked, confidently.

"Try to get that chili dog," Tails said, teasingly.

Sonic runs past, easily grabbing the chili dog as the bamboo cage falls harmlessly.

"If you're not gonna take this seriously, I don't really see the point in–" Sonic gets cutted off.

A hidden trapdoor in the sand suddenly opens, and Sonic falls into it screaming. The trapdoor then closes.

"Way too easy!" Tails said, victoriously.

Sonic suddenly spins his way out of the trap, flinging the cage into the air. 

The cage casts its shadow over Tails, who bends down in fear before getting caught under his own cage. 

Sonic lands on top of the cage, chili dog still in hand.

"You sure you understand the bet? You're supposed to catch me, not you! C Minus," Sonic said.

Sonic hops down from the cage, gives Tails a condescending pat on the head, and walks off. 

Tails looks annoyed. Time went by, Sonic saw a chili dog on the table, including a rope from the outside of the house.

"Ha! Oh, Tails. I didn't fall for that the first time," Sonic said, confidently.