5.Living Legend

Hi! I hope you will like it even a little bit. I have to edit original idea for this chapter to make the next chapters more realistic. I hope you will like it anyway;)

The story Bronwyn told them was still haunting their minds through the evening.  And the night wasn't pleasant for them either. Neither Eddie nor Chris nor Julia could get some sleep when Tony was eating something in kitchen from time to time in the night. That way they were all awake before the clock could hit the midnight hour. 

"I didn't know you from that side" Julia complained as she was the last one of them to approached the small living room they had in their rented appartament in Pontypandy. "I always thought that I'm the night owl here".

"But we're not morning birds either" Chris joined the joke. 

"And who tells it?" Tony teased his friend. "A person who was able to sleep through his all alarm clocks and ended up getting late on every classes' beginnings." 

"I couldn't sleep, okay?" Chris said offendly and loudly to make it clear. "I couldn't get this story out of my head. It drives me crazy".

"Only a bonfire, apples and pumkins were missing to call it the best Halloween story I've heard in my life" Tony added, trying with all his will to joke to loosen the atmosphere. However unsuccessfully, because everyone knew unspoken truth. They were here, because of the events from ten years ago. 

"You think we are there because of all that happened to our station officer?" Julia asked anxiously when they sat in the circle on the floor. 

"I don't think so" Tony put the computer down before he looked up at his friends nervously. "If Chief Fire Officer Boyce had had something on mind when he chose us, we would do some use about it. If it is true what Mr.Jones said yesterday, maybe if we bring the whole team back to life, then we'll be able to see real face of our chief?" 

"I'm not sure it will be possible" Julia objected pessimistically. "They worked together last time ten years ago. It's impossible".

"Yesterday we thought it was impossible for a girl to know kung-fu" Chris walked Eddie into word with his teasing comment. "I'm in" he said as he lookdd back at Eddie. 

"If you're in, then count me in too" Eddie joined. 

"It seems like I don't have any other option, do I?" Julia looked at her friends anxiously, because she had already knew this part of the story. 

"No, you don't" Chris sent her a cheeky grin. 

"Come on, Julia. It will be fun" Tony tried to convinced her as well. 

"Or we can get..." Julia wanted to objected, but the annoyed expressions of her friends told her it is helpless case. "Where you are, I'm with you" she finally gave in. 

"Okay, so the only thing we have to do is get Liam included in our plan" Chris rubbed his hands in excitation. 

After that talk the night passed quickly and young firefighters were able to wake up on time, getting enough amount of sleep to walk them through day. They were prepared for everything today at there training time, but firstly they had to find their teamleader. If they want to put their plan in life, they had to make him at least aware of it. 

They were a good half an hour before the time their shift started, but they found Liam without any problem upstairs at the common room. 

"Liam, can we talk?" They all gathered around him while he looked at them surprised. 

"What about this time?" He crossed his arms on his chest. He had to admit that they got along very well, but still sometimes his colleagues behaved too childish even for him. 

"You won't guess" Chris started. "Our station officer is a living legend" he announced.

"Or was" Julia corrected. "I walked a little yesterday in the town and not only Mrs.Jones said that he is not who he used to be". 

"What you invented this time?" Liam still looked at them sceptically. 

"Nothing, but we just heard a strange story" Eddie finally spoke after a minute of silence. 

"You again made something up. I don't let you fool me" Liam refused and try to walk away, but Chris stood in his way. 

"We're not making it up. Listen to us" Chris told almost begging. 

"Fine" Liam gave in. "But it is one of your stupid jokes again, then..." he warned. 

"It is not. You'll see" Julia assured him as they sat in the circle at the kitchen table. 

"So? Are you trying to tell me that Station Officer Jones was once a legendary firefighter in Pontypandy?" Liam looked at them confused. 

"Even if not in Wales" Tony added and they all laughed. 

"Summing up, there was a team ten years ago who was like a family. But it somehow got broken when one by one they left. Station Officer Jones's sister-in-low told us that it started from a long hidden secret" Julia concluded the story they just told Liam. 

"And you want to find out what the secret was, don't you?" Liam asked, sceptically raising an eyebrow. 

"I'm sure will find some clues there if we look closely enough" Chris stated confidently. "Things like that don't go unspoken".

"Even after ten years?" Eddie whispered to him when they walked downstairs to meet with their station officer. 

They stood in the line as every morning since they started working here, waiting for Station Officer Jones to come out of his office. The only place they were never fully allowed to come inside. Every shift when their station officer closed the door after morning routine, he only come out for training and at the end of shifts. The control was perfectly taken care by him, however with time passing by and with the stories young firefighters heard how Sam was a lively person, always the first one to help, they started wondering why he was like that...