11.Investigator

Hi! I know it's been a little while, but I've been rewriting it countless times to fit better and better and in the end I had to go back to the first version of this chapter. So I hope you'll like it and I'll do my best with next one;-)

The fire had spread not so far away from the costline when the firefighters arrived at the scene. Without any bigger problems, they put the fire out, all on Chief Fire Officer Boyce's eyes. 

But it wasn't the end of trouble for that day yet. They were called to two trapped people and one kitchen fire. They were tired and they accepted with relief that Chief Fire Officer Boyce let them go an hour before their shift ended in schedule, because it was quiet and calm once again. 

"I'm telling you, he has fallen in love" Tony whispered to Julia and Chris as they went few steps behind Liam. 

"Don't be gulliable, Tony" Chris waved it off annoyedly. "With who? Julia?" He asked teasingly which made their female friend split the sip of water she was just drinking. 

"Wait! What?!" She looked up at them perplexed. "Never in my life" she denied sternly. 

"I told you" Chris high-fived with Eddie as Tony tunred his gaze away offendly. 

Lost in their thoughts they walked all the rest of the way down the dark street of Pontypandy. 

"Where are you going?" Tony asked, when Chris and Eddie already walked inside their house, but Julia stayed outside. 

"You don't think I'd believe them, do you?" She snapped at him annoyedly. 

"You need to find out" Tony whispered back understandingly to make his friend calm down. 

"He's been trying to tell us something whole day, but these two" she pointed to the window where the light had been already turned on and two shadow silhouetes appeared in the window frame "didn't let him. But I want to know" she underlined as she was about to turn around, but a sudden movement stopped her. "What are you doing?" She measured Tony with her gaze. 

"I'm going with you" he shrugged his shoulders as it was the most obvious thing in the world to spy their friend when it was slowly getting dark. "If we are serious about finding the old team, we have to stick together, don't we?" He whispered as he joined Julia, who managed to hide behind the tree, watching how Liam picked up the phone. 

"Yes... I know where it is... I'm on my way" he hung up, before looking on left and right to pass the street. 

"Come, but be quiet" Julia whispered as she lead Tony in the shade of the trees a little further, so they could see how their team leader turned the second corner.

As quietly as it was possible they passed every single street following Liam, between the buildings. 

"Where is he going? We've already been here before" Tony complained as they hid in the bushes. 

"I don't know. Maybe the blow in the head was worse and he forgets where he is going" Julia guessed. 

"Then why he didn't say us something?" Tony asked gulliably. 

"Well, it doesn't matter right now. All that matter is..." she stopped, looking around worriedly. "Where is he?" she asked confused.

"Right behind you" they heard footsteps on the grass even before they turned around and in the dim light spotted Liam with his arms crossed over his chest, leaning forward to measure them with his gaze. "You could have just simply asked me and not spy me like I were some stranger to you. I feel like I'm accused of something" he measured Julia and Tony with suspicious gaze when they walked back on the pavement.