8.Pizzeria

Hi! Todays two chapters, but this one was shortened in the process of writing, because I want to work on the more important part to this more and therefore it would be a separeted chapter. I'll try to hurry up;-)

They were tired, but they still found the strenght and will to walk into small corridon at the exit to one of most known pizzerias in Newtown right after their shift this morning. 

"Quick, check it" Julia hurried Chris and Tony as she ran to the desk, leaving Eddie alone before the door. 

"What if he comes here?" Tony complained with fear. "What if he catches us?"

"We'll worry about it later, okay, Tony?" Julia snapped at him.  

They were running through the filles quickly in fear they got caught, but Station Officer Jones didn't come to the office for a longer while.    He walked into his office right after they left. 

"It was close" Chris sighed relived when they slowly walked to the stairs. "Who is that?" He suddenly stopped and asked, turning to his friends who bumped into his back. 

"Who?" Tony, who was standing the closest, looked at his friend confused. 

"The person who walked to the office after Station Officer Jones" Chris snapped quietly. 

And indeed, a dark haired woman in white uniform of a nurse walked to the office and as soon as she closed the door after herself, the young firefighters couldn't stop themselves and, ignoring Eddie's hushed complains, walked to the door as quietly as it was possible to feed their curiousness.

"It doesn't look too good, Sam" she spoke calmly, carefully examinating Sam's forearm up to his shoulder. 

"What do you mean?" Sam sighed relived when the nurse let go off his shoulder. 

"Your old injury, the one that gave you problem five years ago, you remember?" She asked, looking at Sam meaningfully. "I don't want to jump to conclusions too fast, but you might have a problem again with it. Keeping all your body's weight on that hand when you fall, and then pull yourself up, maybe was too much to handle for your arm. As well as I suppose you didn't let her rest properly last years too?" She measured Sam's face with her eyes. 

"You think I...?" He started anxiously, but he left the unspoken question hanging in the air. Sam knew well enough that Helen was awere what had just crossed his mind. 

"Last time you were very lucky that you didn't fall on your shoulders and that the second paramedic was firstly a nurse as well as I am. If today you renewed this injury, I would come back to your habits from five years ago" she added pessimistcally. They were both aware that something like that could have crossed Sam from being firefighter for good. And that was the only thing that kept him close to the memory of their friend.

"Would you help me with that?" He turned around his head to stop Helen from leaving. 

"Good thing I didn't become a paramedic, right?" She teased him. "Although I wanted to become one once" she sighed. 

"Why didn't you become a paramedic then?" Sam asked curiously. 

"Because of the reason we are all still holding on" Helen sighed. "Why you stay in Pontypandy and we both are awere that it is also the reason why Penny left" she pointed a little offendly. "Love".

"How one word can hurt so much?" Liam asked confused, stopping his friends before pizzeria's door. 

"It is not a word that matters, it is the meaning it gives" Tony answered poethically, before he pushed his team leader inside. 

"Have you ever fall in love before?" Liam asked him teasingly, sending Tony a cheeky grin. "It sounds as you are speaking from experience".

Tony's face got all red due to the blush, but luckily for him he didn't have a way to answer, because inside of the pizzeria there was so much people talking and laughing that it was too loud even to hear one's thoughts. Julia and Chris, who grow up knowing this part of Newtown better than Tony or Eddie, were leading their friends all the way and they only stopped when they took a seat at the table in the most north corner of the big space.

"Ciao! North table for friends I see. You have to enjoy the view" a woman came to their table and judging by grey stripes in her black hair, she must have her years, but she was still sparking with life and energy when she smiled, handing Liam a menu. 

"Indeed, we have a beautiful weather today, but we didn't come all the way to enjoy the view" Julia replied politely. "We've been looking for firefighter from Pontypandy. We heard rumors that he works here, doesn't he?" 

"Oh, you mean Elvis?" The woman sighed disappointed. "Yes, he's here, give me a moment" she was about to turn around, but she looked over Liam's shoulder curiously. "But maybe something for you?" 

"Two margarittas if we could ask" Liam replied politely before the owner disappeared. "You know her?" he asked Julia and Chris when they discussed something quietly. 

"Everyone here knows Mrs.Bella Lasagna. Even Tony and Eddie" the two boys nodded in agreement. "Her pizzas are famous in whole Newtown". 

"That's why I told you it was stupid of us to come here at the evening" Chris complained. "I wasn't wrong it wouldn't be a space to breathe".

"But if we hadn't come today, we wouldn't have an opportunity to meet with this" Julia was objecting when a new shadow fall on their table. 

"Hi! I heard you were looking for me" a black haired man with a friendly smiled approached them as he laid two . In a waiter's uniform he looked nothing like a firefighter, but even with his visible clumsiness, as the stranger almost got a pizza served right on top of his head, but still for an experienced eye it was seen that he was trained for some kind of work. 

"