19.Betreyal

Hi! This chapter is one big trap either for you as it was for me. But I'll whether you will like it or not, I only can say I have to mix two different ideas to get this one out today;-)

The weeks were passing by slowly. There wasn't much to do in fire station and the calls itself weren't too exciting. But young firegighters couldn't complain about boridom, Station Officer Jones gave them enough of drilles and chores to do to keep them busy. Besides one or two visits Chief Fire Officer Boyce paid them to see how his young recruits were dealing with their new workplace, took care of excitment.

Besides, what they lacked in work, they got back in their search for closer contact with members of the former team. They didn't want to rush things with Penny, so Julia just excercised hard on the lessons in Newtown Fire Academy while she tried to do her best to gain Penny's trust, each time volunteering to help cleaning the equipment and once she even got to meet Andy. But they got along good with Elvis and Ellie meeting with them sometimes in Bella's pizzeria, getting all needing informations and hlep from them while they also included Mr.Steele in their plan part by part when they came across him in park behind Newtown Fire Academy.

That week, on the other hand they couldn't meet in Newtown because it was raining cats and dogs whole week and there was barely a few buses going to Newtown and back, so after consultating it with each other they decided that it wouldn't hurt them to slow down until the weather would get better.

And this week brought then that change as it started to get sunny when they were waiting for annual briefing as their shift was about to start. The door of the office opened and they looked anxiously at each other, because there was still one missing. Where was Julia?

Station Officer Jones walked out of his office and measured them with his gaze, as he began to explain what awaited them this week.

"You're finally going to start the night shift this week. This is about time" he announced proadly as Tony let himself squeal with joy, before the knock and a footsteps startled them.

They all looked up at the staircase and noticed a shadow, before an a breathless person walked towards them. When she took off the hood of her wet jacket, they recognized Julia. Although it was hard because the ends of her loose hair were hanging in soaked twigs and there were small branches of tree hanging around her head.

"I'm sincerly sorry, I'm late, Station Officer Jones" she apologised as she let her bagpack slipped off her shoulder to the floor as she came closer and took her place next to Eddie.

"What happened to her?" Tony whispered to Chris quietly, as Station Officer Jones shook his head and went on with his speech.

"As I have just said you're going to start work full-time this week and I want to see each one of your reports on my desk after your, let's name it, temporary trial" he summed up at the end. "You can dismiss now" Station Officer Jones let go of his formal tone. "But I want to speak to you, Julia" he stopped her as she was just about to follow her colleagues up to their lockers.

"Would you mind if I get...?" She asked anxiously, but Station Officer Jones nodded his head with a friendly smile.

"Of course" he agreed. "Just don't forget" he warned as he turned around and walked back to his office.

Julia quickly changed into dry station uniform as she hang her jacket inside of her locker and took a brief look in the mirror to pull small branches of tree out of your hair before she slowly walked upstairs to her station officer's office as she just briefly managed to say 'hi' to her friends with a wave of her hand.

She came back after a longer while with her head down, but as soon as she walked to the common room she sent them a sad look.

"What happened to you?" The boys asked when she encountered them at the table, still pulling out few small branches of tree from her hair.