Chapter 21: the Interdictor

"Whoa," both Cal and Kallus gasped as they dropped out of hyperspace.

"What are we lookin' at here? Fill me in," Kanan called.

"Well, it's just as Pixx reported," Estra sighed.

"But there's a Star Destroyer here too. There's something dark on that ship," Cal sneered from between Kallus and Kanan.

"The Inquisitor?" Kanan asked.

"No... they're on the Interdictor," he growled, "they're here for me."

BD whistled a reminder that they were here to retrieve their crewmates, not fight the Inquisitor and play their game.

"They're not expecting us, Cal," Kallus reminded over his shoulder, as they were hailed by the star destroyer in the centre of the formation of ships.

"Shuttle S318, this is a restricted area, state your business here," a voice crackled on the comms.

"This is where I come in," Kallus said confidently as he focused on the console, "this is Shuttle S318, requesting landing in the hangar bay."

"You're not listed on the arrival schedule."

"We were transferred from Wobani. We're bringing auxiliary troops for the high security prisoners on your ship." Kallus bluffed.

"Acknowledged. Transmit your scandocs and clearance codes," the Imperial voice commanded.

Kallus pressed the button to transmit the forged documents. The seconds stretched like hours as the four organics tensed, and the droid wound himself tight, until finally the voice on the other side of the comms spoke again, "Shuttle S318 you're cleared for landing, proceed to Interdictor hangar bay two."

Cal gave a sigh of relief as he fell into his seat behind Kanan. BD-1 trilled happily on the ginger Jedi's lap and Estra pat him supportingly on the shoulder. The first step of the mission was complete. Kallus sailed the ship smoothly into the Interdictor, where Cal's people were. The ship rocked slightly as it landed, then the four of them pulled on their helmets.

"How're you doin' back there, BD?" Cal asked sweetly as BD-1 snuggled into an Imperial issue backpack, filled with the explosives they'd use to blow the ship's gravity cores.

"Ready?" Kanan asked them both. He sensed them nod, the lights within his two companions glowing bright and steady with resolve.

Kanan opened a secure channel to Hera, "Spectre One to Spectre Two, we're in."

"I'll wait on low power at the edge of the system so they don't detect us until you're ready for the pick up," Hera chattered back, "good luck, team."

Kanan heard Cal release a heavy breath as the shuttle doors hissed and opened. They marched down the ramp in lockstep with each other. They made their way across the hangar bay to a set of doors into the rest of the ship which was guarded by two more stormtroopers.

"Command deck says you need to report to processing and orientation," the stormtrooper relayed.

"I've got this," Kanan whispered to his companions. He stepped forward as he focused on the light within the stormtrooper before him and reached out towards it and spoke the suggestion into the stormtrooper's mind, "Command already approved of our assignment here," Kanan said with a wave of his hand.

"Command has already approved of your assignment here," the stormtrooper echoed, Kanan could feel their eyes on his visor, awaiting another command.