Chapter 33

PRETEND DESTINY IS 18 BECAUSE I ORIGINALLY HAD HER AS 16 OR 17 OR SOMETHING AND NIALL IS 19 AND THATS ILLEGAL

I ALSO JUST REALIZED HOW GROSS AND ILLEGAL CHAPTER 2 IS AND AS SOON AS I FINISH THIS STORY I WILL EDIT IT ALL I PROMISE

Chapter 33:

Niall's POV

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. I thought our relationship was perfect and everything I could ever ask for. But you couldn't define it as that now.

As soon as Destiny's dorm was fixed and she was back in school, she's been acting different. I've barely even seen her since then, maybe five times on the weekends all five of us decided to visit her, or she came to visit us. But even when she came to visit, or we went to see her, she just seemed sort of distracted and nervous whenever I would sit close to her or even hold her hand. She hasn't kissed me once since her dorm was trashed. And that was in the beginning of May.

It's August now.

Four months of barely seeing her, and just feeling empty without her. She didn't respond to my texts and rarely answered her phone when I called, she always made up excuses so I couldn't go and visit her, and she just seemed to not want to talk to me.

I might be paranoid, but I started to wonder if she was cheating on me and the guilt was just building up on her. When I told the boys this, they just assured me I was paranoid and she was stressed about school. That she needed some time to herself.

Her birthday is in three days and she gets out of school today, which means that I get to pick her up. We don't need to pack up much of her things, other than her clothes and every day necessities, because school starts right back up in September. The boys decided that I should help her pack and drive her home because I'm her boyfriend.

But, on my drive to her school, I was sweating bullets and shitting bricks. How the hell is it not going to be awkward or tense? She's practically been ignoring me. It's like she's avoiding me on purpose. Maybe the spark isn't there for her anymore.

Maybe she doesn't love me anymore.

Actually, maybe she never did love me. Now thinking about it, I don't think that we've officially exchanged those three words. Maybe she's just using me just so she can break my heart.

A little voice of hope was still in the back of my head, reminding me of the fond memories we have shared ever since I asked her to be with me. It reminds me of her saying yes, and also her promising with the promise ring I gave her. I can't believe I gave her a promise rig when I haven't even fucking said I love you yet.

Maybe that can change tonight. Maybe saying those three words will get our relationship back on track and it'll be just like old times again.

A few hours later, I was knocking on her door and wiping my clammy palms onto my jeans. Why am I even that nervous? It's just three words. Three words that I've been meaning to say for the past couple of months.

The door opens and I'm greeted by Destiny's roommate. I feel myself frown as she opens the door and smiles brightly at me. I manage to smile back, faking it a little bit.

"Hey, Destiny is at the toilets right now, come in though," Rose I think? says.

I nod and walk in, taking a look around at the room that I haven't seen in a while. Rose's? side of the room is normal and looks like she hasn't been packing. I assume she's just staying here for the few weeks they have off and go to sit on Des's bed without sheets on it.

Des already has some boxes piled up on her wall, already filled with some stuff, and her suitcase is open and half filled with her clothes. Her closet seems sort of full too, so I go over to it, taking her clothes off of their hangers, folding them, and putting them in her suitcase.