Chapter 135

When Chi Wuyao about to leave the abyss, Issei called out lightly: "Wait."

"Yes, young master?" She asked in a soft tone. She doesn't have the time to play around anymore since she needs to formulate a plan that could allow her to take control of the whole Northern region in a span of three days...

"Take this with you." Issei took out a red charm and tossed it to her: "With your current strength, taking control of the Northern Divine region in three days is impossible. That charm contains a little bit of my strength that I just created... It contains darkness energy and you should be able to utilize its effect to a certain extent."

Issei transformed the dark energy that he just absorbed from this place.

"Thank you, young master." Chi Wuyao's eyes glimmered brightly when she heard Issei's words.

"Don't thank me just yet." But Issei cut her off when she's about to bow deeply: "Although that charm mostly contains darkness energy. There's also a drop of my 'unique' power. Be warned... There's a chance that when you use that charm, you might lose your mind and become insane."

Issei warned in a stern voice.

"Whether you dare to use that power or not is completely up to you," Issei said.

"...I understand, young master." Chi Wuyao said after a little bit of thinking.

Right after she left, Nyarlathotep emerged from Issei's shadow.

She immediately wrapped her arms around Issei's neck and said with a chuckle: "Ufufufu, you sure are evil dear husband~"

"...What do you mean?" Issei asked feigning ignorance.

"You are clearly using her as a test subject. That charm contains a teensy weensy bit of your <Chaos> energy. You of all people should know just how 'harmful' the <Chaos> energy is." Nyarlathotep smirked.

"...I'm only giving her a chance."

"A chance for what? To obtain her so-called freedom? Hehehe, you're clearly not giving her an option. It's all but an illusion... an illusion as if she has a choice in the first place even though you know that she will undoubtedly use your charm to achieve her dreams."

"..." Issei doesn't say anything else after that since what she said is basically true... to a certain extent that is. If Chi Wuyao were to use his charm then he will be notified and he could save her when the time comes... in return, he could observe the change that's happening within her body.

But the fact that he's using her as a test subject is true. He wanted to see just how far can someone be affected by his <Chaos> energy. How long can they use it and just how far can they go...

Until now, Issei never thought of doing such a thing since he doesn't really need to. He usually experiments with his own body and nobody else... but now, it's a different story.

If he were to experiment with his own body as usual then Nyarlathotep might notice something and it will be all for naught.

By using Chi Wuyao as a test subject, he could measure the limit of this world's inhabitant since they're created by Nyarlathotep herself.

They're basically her descendant after all... Even if the chance is small, he still needs to take it.

For him, this is quite a fair trade. In exchange for his help, Chi Wuyao shall become his test subject...

"You know, Dragon king... I don't really mind whether you could truly defeat me or not since I'm already satisfied with our current arrangement... I won't harm your loved ones just as I promised as long as you don't stop giving me what I want~" Nyarlathotep planted a kiss on Issei's cheek.