Chapter 14: Gullible

You smacked your pillow against you face for the nth time, how could you be so stupid? You'd almost opened the handle last night in a trance, wanting an escape from the sicken, accurate voices that caused you misery time and time again. Luckily, you were stopped by Jack at 12:03 AM.

--

The icy cold handle touched your skin, causing you to shiver. 

        I-I shouldn't, you thought. Y/N, please help me! It's so cold down here, aren't you worried I'll get sick? The voices echoed in your head, by now you were numb but you still pleaded for them to stop, even for just a little while.

You took your hand off, putting each of your hands to opposite sides, hugging yourself in an attempt to warm up from the cold night air.

        "O-Okay fine, just, please s-stop.." You mumbled, wondering if the voices heard you, you were definitely going crazy. This isn't real!

You reached in and slowly turned the lock but was stopped by a rough push on your side. The sudden push shoved you to the floor, catching you by surprise. You looked up, it was Eyeless Jack, looking down at you. His dark, gooey eyes pierced your being.

        "Just what do you think you're doing?" He said, locking the basement door fully before turning back to you.

        "I-I can't take it anymore!" You whisper-yelled, tears falling onto your cheeks as you sobbed on the floor helplessly, glancing up at him in the darkness a bit.

        "Hm? What do you mean?" He tilted his head in confusion, staring down at you.

       "I hear him, it's Ben..I don't know how, you probably think I'm crazy but just please hear me out..!!" You whisper-shouted at him.

        "He's locked up, remember? Down there." He pointed at the basement door. "But, I'll believe you, I guess." His cheeks going pink for a second in the dark. "You can, somehow hear him? I'd call you crazy if I hadn't seen crazier things before."

        "So, please help me! His voice, it whispers in my head all the time, I can't get anything done. It's awful!" You shouted.

        "Shhh.." He put his pointer finger to his lips, gesturing you to be quiet. "I'm curious though, why would he, or whatever that thing is, target you of all people? I suppose it could be due to the fact that you haven't' been here as long as the rest of us. Your mind it weak and easy to manipulate."

        "...Maybe." You'd get mad at him calling you easy to manipulate if you weren't so tired. You yawned, still sitting on the kitchen floor.

        "We should...talk about this...in the morning." You yawned once more, you could've sworn you saw him smile but who knows? It was very dark.

        "Sure, see you in the morning." He left through the front door, leaving you to wonder just what was he going to do? You went back to bed and fell asleep.

--

        "D-Did he tell anyone?" You mumbled to yourself, your face mushed into your pillow, laying on the bed. You then heard a knock on the door and sat up.

        "Y/N, you in there?" A familiar voice called out from behind the door.

--

I hope you enjoyed