Chapter 8: Staying (?)

You woke up with a bad headache, deep, strong throbs in your head. You groaned as you turned to the sit of the bed with your legs dangling from the edge. All of your memories of the day before hit you like a brick and you started spiraling. You snapped out of it when a knock on the door made you jolt.

        "Who is it?" You called out to whoever was behind the door.

        "It's me, Jane. I've come with your breakfast since I noticed how badly you were injured yesterday." Jane's sweet, feminine voice responded to you. You got up from the bed, moved the chair to the side and slowly twisted the handle open to reveal Jane standing in front of the door with a tray of food. The steaming hot food made you realize how hungry you really were, she handed you the tray and the two of you exchanged goodbyes.

You close the door and looked down at the try in your hand. Steaming hot buns with mashed potatoes on the side, some asparagus and a cup of cold water. The smell wafted in the air and you inhaled the delicious scent of the food. You thanked Jane silently before digging into the meal. 

--

You finished the food and set the tray of dirty dishes aside, checking the time on the alarm clock next to your bed. 0:00 it read, it seemed as if time didn't work the same here than in the real world. This was a pocket dimension after all.

You got up, stretching and decided to take the tray to the kitchen sink. You into the kitchen and placed everything in the sink, tap tap tap you heard, footsteps coming from behind you. You turned around anxiously, facing Hoodie, whom which you'd been told the name of when you were talking with Jane the day before. She told you everyone's names. 

        "..." There was silence between you as the two of you looked at each other.

        "Can you move?" He said, tapping his feet with annoyance as he crossed his arms, looking down at you.

        "...Sure." You said meekly, moving to the side and out of his way before walking back to the stairs. As you were about to leave the kitchen, you felt a hand grab you by the wrist, you almost shrieked out of surprise but managed to compose yourself. You turned around, looking at him.

        "H-Huh?" You managed to say, baffled by his odd actions.

        "..." The two of you stared at each other for quite some time. "H-Hey, about when I kidnapped you...please don't take it personally I was just- trying to get back at Jack I'm sure you're a sweet person." He said awkwardly, mumbling the last part as he let go of his iron grip on your wrist.

His apology seemed so genuine you almost wanted to forgive him and give him a big hug. But you didn't after remembering what he did to you, you still had scars, very painful ones.

        "Sure, we're cool..." You said, he nodded at you and you left. You entered your room feeling very anxious and itching to get out of this place. You almost wanted to barge into Slenderman's office and ask him when you'd be able to go home. But...it wasn't so bad here, was it? Sure, you'd have to live with a bunch of killers and insane people who wanna murder you but it's not like it was any different back home anyways. You fell back into your bed, staring at the ceiling for a while.  Taking a deep breath, you got up to take a shower.

Whilst in the shower, you contemplated whether or not you even wanted to try getting back home to your neglectful parents and school bullies. The warm water of the shower ran down your body as you massaged the shampoo into your scalp. Ultimately, you decided no, to not try and go back. Sure, it was a bit different here but different isn't bad, right?

--

Hii hope you enjoyed :)) I just got thru the first week of school and im already going back :(((( rip.