Chapter 13: Whispers

Five days had gone by since the day Ben went "crazy", or so they call it. Something happened to him, it wasn't him anymore. You could hear him calling for you, begging him to let you out of the basement.

     It's cold here, Y/N, I'm freezing. Don't you care about me? I thought we were friends. The whispers grew louder and louder each passing day. You almost wanted to just open the door, to  free him from whatever it was, but you couldn't. It was almost as if-

A loud knocking broke you from your train of thought and Jack came in.

     "Hey, are you alright? I know you're still a bit shook by what happened." He sat next to you.

      "Y-Yeah, I'm fine, I guess. Any clues about what happened to Ben?" He shrugged.

     "Not that I know of, Slenderman hasn't really been social lately, not that he ever was. He's been locked up in his office for days, probably trying to figure out what's going on. The mansion i-it isn't the same without him, I guess. We never really talked much but he seemed like a cool guy..(?)"

     "He was- well, I haven't been here for long but from what I could tell, anyway." You put your hand over his in a comforting way. He turned and smiled at you, his non verbal way of saying thanks. He then put his iconic blue mask on.

     "Well then, I've gotta get going," he stretched.

     "Alright, goodbye."

     "Bye."

As soon as he left, the voices came back, those damn voices. 

     Y/N, Y/N, Y/N. H-How could you do this to me? I thought we were friends but I guess you're just fake, like everybody else. The voices mimicked Ben almost perfectly and a sharp pain arose in your chest, you held your shirt where it hurt. The guilt was unbearable, what if this was Ben?

--

😬😬😬 should I quit this book?