5801

It was the day of the party that the company made, everyone was allowed to bring whoever they wanted, and meria said she had to get her dress from her apartment and then she will meet me there...one of the things I did that I was proud of that I also published one of the songs I was working on...while keeping my identity anonymous...the song got a lot of love globally...who can't be proud of such an achievement...

I texted meria letting her know that I am going to be waiting for her in the party. She texted back, saying that she will let me know when she arrives.
After an hour or so she texted me "look behind you!"
I saw the text, smiled and looked behind...just to find her....
And this asshole she loves waving at me, I just waved back.
This whole party was trash, all I have seen the whole time was him, holding her hands, dancing with her, laughing with her. And she looked happy with him. That got me asking, do we really belong to each other?
Suddenly the lights were softer and the music changed to the song I wrote for her, the song I sang for her, it was made for us...and only us, expressing my love for her, not anyone else. Yet she was slow dancing with him. Why do I care? Why does it hurt? I couldn't bare to see this, I just took my stuff and left.
The weather changed...from a clear night to clouds surrounding the space with rain falling on me, thunders roaring louder than ever as the lighting flashes were behind me...
She seemed to notice my leaving cuz she came after me.

"George, wait" she said

I kept walking my way

"I don't understand why you hate Brandon, he is a nice guy and he makes me happy, I don't understand why you don't like me dating him?"

I stopped and looked at her

"George, answer me!"
"Oh you want me to answer your questions, okay here I go then, have you ever wondered why he didn't show up for you in the hospital, or why he was weird with you at first when you went to the office and found him there after you got out of that hospital?, why is he busy most of the time?.. I will tell you why, it's because before this dumb shitty day I hit you WE WERE DATING!"
she just looked at me, watched me explode in her face as crowds of people came to see what was going on... watching the scene we caused.
"HE NEVER CARED ABOUT YOU MERIA, I WAS THE ONE WHO SAVED YOU BEFORE ALL THIS BULLSHIT TOOK PLACE IN THE FIRST PLACE... HE...HE..HE WAS ABUSIVE YET YOU WERE OKAY WITH IT, HE WAS CHEATING ON YOU BUT YOU NEVER NOTICED AND WHEN YOU DID, YOU HAD TO FORGET ABOUT ALL OF THIS AND FALL FOR HIM AGAIN, AND TOTALLY FORGOT THE ONE PERSON WHO REALLY LOVED YOU FOR REAL, MERIA-"
"joji, I-"
"YOU ARE BLIND, MERIA! SO BLIND TO THE POINT OF NOT NOTICING THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TREATING YOU AS A BEST FRIEND OR A GIRL FRIEND AND TREATING YOU AS A DUMB PIECE OF SHIT..."

i was already crying at this point and so she was.
I took a deep breath to calm down.

"You won't understand how much I love you, and wish you happiness, but not with him, he will never be your happiness. it's like taking pain killers, they don't treat it yet you take it to not feel the pain"

"Then who is your pain killer" she asked with tears in her eyes.

"You still didn't get the hint, huh? Told you, you won't understand"

I was smiling yet tears were rolling down my cheeks, blending with the little ponds the rain caused as the broken pieces of my heart were already getting shattered into smaller ones.
I couldn't handle the pain, after all this time, I am leaving her for good.

I got in my car. "Yes, boss" I called the company's boss " I am taking the offer to Japan".

I am sorry but you need to look for your real happiness cuz I don't think it's me anymore...

*END OF FLASHBACK*