S1 E002

TW

After a while, I came home.

I pushed open the large front door, closing it behind me as I rubbed my arms.

"Tits, It's cold In here.." I whispered, condensation leaving my lips as I sighed.

I kicked off my shoes, swiping them to the side with my foot as I slowly crept down to my brother's room.

"Harvey?" I nudged open the door, peeking in at him.

It was late.

He was sprawled out on his bed, legs dangling with his shirt off.

I smiled, looking down as I turned off the light and closed the door behind me.

then, I looked over to the couch.

my father was sitting there, with a beer bottle in hand as he drank his feelings away.

"I heard Lee is coming back sometime soon.

--I don't want you around him, Irvine. I don't want you around any of my kids." I looked over to him, stopping at the kitchen.

Lee is 18 months. As soon as he was born, my mother ran off.

"Your kids? I'm their father." he scoffed, turning around.

"I was more of a parent you ever were. you were too fucking loaded to ever care."

he muttered a few words, and looked away.

"I'm glad she ran off."

directed to? our mother.

she is bipolar. couldn't keep one mood for a day. she ended up running off with some American dickhead.

"don't you fucking say that, don't you ever fucking say that!

--your mother was a beautiful, wondrous, and kind woman!" Irvine sped up from the couch, approaching me.

"oh, really? really! running off and leaving me, to raise two kids that aren't mine?" I nodded, laughing with tears in my eyes. burning, rushing, fucking rage running through my blood as I continued to lend eye contact with him. I cant believe i had the nerve to look him in the eye.

he slapped me, the force sending me slightly back.

then a punch to my nose as I swiped everything off the counter, getting another punch as I dropped to the ground.

I laughed, tilting my head back as he continued to kick the shit out of me. the feeling of my own self being crushed. Not only physically.

"ohh.. that's right. let it out, Irvine. come on, let it out." I snapped, spitting blood while laughing as he grabbed a chunk of my hair, looking me dead in the eye.

"shut the fuck up." he slammed my head into the tile. watching as i continued to laugh my ass off. I wasn't sure if it was in shock, or I was actually genuinely laughing.