8. The first date

Anika

Anika

A few days later, Jai texted me about our planned date:

Jai: Hey, how's it going?

Me: Hey there! I'm good. What about you?

Jai: I'm good too.

Jai: So, there's something I wanted to ask you...

Jai: Will you go out on a date with me, Anika?

I couldn't stop grinning while reading these texts. It was a mix of surprise and happiness. This whole arrangement was formal, and I didn't expect him to formally ask me out. It was incredibly sweet of him.

Me: I'd love to go on a date with you, Mr. Singhania.

Jai: Great! When are you free? Let's discuss the place and time.

Me: Anytime works for me.

Jai: Awesome, got to run. Catch you later, beautiful.

Just then, my boss walked by my cabin, and I had to quickly appear busy, so I left my phone without replying. She called me into her office shortly after.

"Heyy"

"I wanted to talk to you about the next event,"
she began, and we dove into discussing the details. It was a major event, so we needed to coordinate with multiple people.

After a full day of work, I headed home exhausted. Changing into comfortable clothes, I crawled into bed for some much-needed rest.

The following morning, Jai's message greeted me:

Jai: Good morning!

Jai: Are you free today?

We figured out a convenient time and place to meet. I felt like a kid in a candy store, excited about the upcoming date.

Since I'd be going straight from work, I had to pick my outfit beforehand.

After around 10 minutes of rummaging through my wardrobe, I settled on a white top which was more like a cardigan, paired with high waisted black jeans. I slipped into white heels and left my hair down.