34. Dreamy..

Jai

Jai

Anika agreed to a movie date. I really didn't think she'd say yes, but I'm so glad she did. She might be thinking that we'll be going to the theater, but I have different plans. Plans that she might love.

I planned a movie date for us tonight, so I'll stay with her until then, taking care of her and spending time with her like I did before. I made her breakfast; Aarav and Nisha left a few minutes ago, so it was just me and Ani.

Anika left for our room as soon as we had breakfast, and I finished my meeting with the team. Now that Aarav is part of our plan, I worry less about catching Daman.

It was almost 1 pm by the time I finished our meeting and headed to our bedroom; I saw Anika asleep with her laptop on her lap.

When I asked her to take leave for a few days, my princess declined, saying she can work from home. She loved her job. I love how passionate she is about what she does.

I took the laptop and placed it on the nightstand, moving her into the middle of our bed. Then I quickly made us some lunch.

Anika turns hangry when she is hungry, and I didn't want her to be angrier at me even more than before.

When I was done making us food, I served both of us and then went to wake Anika up. She's taking her medication, which is the reason she's sleepy most of the time.

"Anii?" I patted her shoulder. She woke up with a sudden force that I had to hold her so that she doesn't lose her balance.

"What time is it?" she asked.

"1:30," I replied.

"Oh my god, I was in a meeting, and I fell asleep," she replied embarrassed.

"That's fine," I chuckled, and she hit me. "Not funny." and I ruffled her hair.

"Let's have lunch," I said. We were at the dining table, eating. It was just how we did when we got married, but it was also different because Anika barely spoke.

"So, how's work?" I started making a conversation.

"It's good."

"Is the boss still being a pain in the ass?"

"Obviously." she replied, playing with the food. Anika barely ate anything.

"How's your work going?" she asked after a few minutes.

So, I told her what happened. Everything. What I spent doing every hour of every day. About Daman and what Preeti did. When I got to the Preeti part, I could see she was trying to control her anger.

"So she's in jail?" she asked.

"Yep."

"For how long?"