28. Champi time

Anika

Anika

The next few days went great. I woke up with Jai's arm around my waist, as always. I didn't know how we ended up subconsciously cuddling every day.

"Good morning, wifey," he murmured, nuzzling his nose into my neck.

"Good morning," I grumbled. Do I have to wake up early?

I need more sleep. I want more sleep.

"Anything interesting happening today?" he asked.

"I don't think so," I replied. It'll mostly be a normal working day.

Then we made breakfast; I got ready, and he worked out. We had breakfast together and then left the house.

He dropped me at my office daily. I told him it wasn't necessary, but he said he'd give me the princess treatment, so I'm not saying no to that.

I went to the office; it was full of meetings and selecting designs. I was halfway done with the work when Jai texted me.

Jai – Free?

I was a little busy, but I can spare an hour maybe.

Anika – A little busy, why?

Jai – Can I call you?

I FaceTimed him.

"Heyy," I said after he picked up the call.

"Hello, princess."

"What's up?"

"Can I take you out for lunch?" he asked cutely.

"Sure, Mr. Singhania," I replied.

"When should I pick you up?" he inquired.

"Anytime is fine."

"Now?" he suggested.

"Sure," I agreed.

"Thank god, I didn't have the energy to drive to the office and back once again," he puffed.

"Where are you?" I asked.

He flipped the camera, revealing my workplace.

"I'm coming in 2 minutes." I hung up, closed my laptop, and put a touch of lip gloss, then rushed downstairs.

When I reached the entrance of the building, I saw him holding a bouquet of flowers, leaning on his car. He looked so handsome in his suit and his shirt's first two buttons open.

"Are you here to tempt me, hubby?" I teased

"Is it working?" he kissed my cheek, pulling me close.

"These are for you," he handed me a pink bouquet. At this rate, I could open a flower shop.

"And for you-" I plucked a rose and handed it to him.

Then I gave him a quick peck on the lips and settled into the car. He drove us to 'Tevar,' a new restaurant. He had already booked a table prior so we didn't have to wait.