30. She's my everything

Anika

Anika

I decorated the hall, and filled it with black and white ballons which matched our apartment's aesthetic. I made him a cake as well. I wanted everything to be special.

I bought him a few gifts. I bought him flowers, a bracelet which matched with mine, a nice perfume, A watch and a star named as his name. He had a star on his name now!

It was 10:30 and I decided to get ready. I opted a black saree- because he liked me in sarees. I took my time getting ready. I loved today's look. I hadn't done good makeup in so long. It felt good to be back.

It was 11:30 by the time I got ready, and I decided to place the cake on the table and decorate with gifts around it.

I packed the gifts in black paper covers so they also went with the aesthetic and the fairy lights and candles I added.

It was 11:50pm and now, the feeling in my heart is back.

11:30pm turned into 12 and 12 into 1:00am. I sat there on the sofa waiting for him. My calls and texts unanswered as usual.

Jai left his phone outside most of the time so I usually called his assistant. But she didn't pick up my calls as well.

It was 1:30 am when I heard someone knock the door. I opened and found Aarav wearing a displeased expression.

And I turned my face to the person who was beside him. It was my husband, looking like he's drunk even to remember how to walk properly.

"Ani-" Aarav started which I interrupted him.

"Is he drunk?" I asked

"Yeah.."

"He doesn't drink. Like at all Aarav."

"I know. I was at the bar with my colleagues when I saw him."

"Ohh.." I didn't know what to reply. At this point alcohol which he never drank was more important than me.

"I'm sure he didn't mean-" Aarav started, maybe he realised by looking at the décor and my dressing.

"Don't you dare finish that sentence, Aarav. I've barely seen this man since the past one week and-" I stopped myself barely holding in tears. I swallowed them and said "Let's talk tomorrow okay?"

"Yeah, I'll meet you tomorrow." He replied, handing Jai over to me.

"Aniiii babyyyy" Jai mumbled.

When I didn't reply, he nudged me "You look so beautiful, my eyes hurt."

"Trust me, that not the reason your eyes hurt." I fired back

"Yeah, my heart has butterflies looking at you, you know" he pointed towards his heart. "Touch it and see" he took my hand and placed it above his heart.