19. His Dulhan

Anika

Anika

It was around 12:30am when I heard my doorbell ring. Guests at this hour?

I grabbed my broomstick, feeling a bit freaked out, and cautiously approached the door.

Peeking through the peephole, I was relieved to see my two best friends.

I swung the door open, instantly getting engulfed in a group hug.

Diya, always the witty one, couldn't resist teasing, "Want to attack us already, bitch?"

"You guys scared the shit outta me. Who comes at this hour?" I rolled my eyes, trying to recover from the surprise.

I invited them inside.

"I missed you both so much," Nisha chimed in.

"Me too, babe, me too," I replied, genuinely happy to see them.

"So how's life?" Diya asked

"Soo good!"

"I need the tea. You are literally marrying your crush!" Nisha declared.

"There's nothing to talk about," I told them, although deep down, there were a million things on my mind.

They had brought two large luggage bags each, indicating they were here for the wedding.

I couldn't help but recall our conversations about who would get married first, with both of them thinking it would be me and Jai right after college.

Jokes on them, I didn't have the guts to confess it to him.

But then he went to the US and things changed. I was focused on my career and he I didn't know what he was up to.

"Oh please, start talking already" Diya interjected when we took a seat on the sofa.

"We went on a few dates, and we like each other mutually" I told them.

"Did you tell him about your feelingsssss?" Nisha asked winking. This girl doesn't talk to everyone but once she gets close, there's no stopping.

"Nooo. It'll be awkward, I guess. Things are going good right now," I confessed.

"When did you guys come??" I asked, curious about their sudden arrival.

"We are coming straight from the airport," Nisha explained.

"We would have come earlier by 2 hours though," Diya added.

"My flight got delayed! If it were up to me, I would have driven the plane myself. Wait, do we fly them? no we drive," Nisha joked.

"Did you meet aunty and uncle?" I asked them both.

"They are probably sleeping, so I decided to come to your place instead," Diya replied.

"What about you, Nish?" I inquired with concern, knowing Nisha's parents were a sensitive topic for her.