11. His sunshine

Bonus chapter for y'all because we were trending on No 1 in India yesterday and completed 50K+ reads <33

You're soo not ready for this chap!

Jai

I couldn't focus the entire day. Anika's face lingered in my thoughts ever since she left my office.

Anika was the sunshine that came into my life, she even bought me lunch even when it wasn't necessary. I vow to myself that I'll never talk to her like that ever again.

It was a delicate topic, and I regret uttering those words to her. What on earth is wrong with me?

My immediate action was to make a call and arrange a few things.

Later, I hurried to the bookstore and purchased the book she had been talking about.

Within the next hour, I prepared my paper bag with the necessary items.

On the way, I picked up a bouquet of delicate pink flowers for her.

If she likes flowers, she'll have them. I'll buy her anything she loves!

.................................................................................

Anika

I walked out of Jai's office feeling a bit bummed.

Maybe I was overreacting by storming off in the middle of our chat, not that it was an argument to begin with.

I mean, I had no business prying into his issues, but I thought we were close enough to share stuff like that.

I thought I'd have some free time today, maybe even spend it with Jai.

But out of nowhere, Aarav popped up and scared the living shit out of me. He'd been working here since he graduated, mostly on the creative side of things.

"You idiot," I scolded, clutching my chest.

"Sorry," he chuckled.

"What's up? Don't you have work to do?" I gave him a side-eye.

"Lunch break," he replied, winking at me, and then led me to another spot. My mood was already all over the place.

I liked Aarav, genuinely, but there were certain things, mainly about his brother, that I didn't want to discuss with him.

"Where are we headed?" I asked as we strolled along.