41. Where is she?

Jai

Jai

18 hours ago

It has been a week since I saw my baby, and I miss her more than ever.

I've planned something for her, and keeping this secret from Anika has been very difficult, trust me. She has a very good sense.

It was almost noon when I received a text from Anika. There was a picture under the text, which said, "Lunch Time!!" They are having a blast, I must say. I texted her back with, "Have fun - without me :("

I don't text or talk to anyone like that, minus my wife, of course. It might ruin the reputation I have in the outside world.

It's 5pm now, and I had to go meet my parents. I've been visiting them daily since the past week. I want to stay back, but the only thing that's keeping me away is my bed which has Anika's smell on it.

Aarav is taking on a few more responsibilities in the past few months, which is helping me with my busy schedule, and I'm thankful for him because I spend more time with Ani.

By the time I started back home, it was 10:30, which means it was 7:00pm in Switzerland. Anika hasn't texted me after that lunch picture. My messages were delivered, but I didn't get any reply.

I know it's a little territorial asking my wife to send me texts and pictures from time to time, but it's good as far as she's safe.

I was sitting on our bed. I tried calling her, but it was switched off. I tried calling Nisha and Diya, but it went straight to voicemail. It was almost 9:30pm for them. It was night, and my wife isn't picking up my calls.

I've given Anika a necklace, which has a tracker. Hey, it was solely for safety. I'd given it to her right before the trip. I opened my laptop and saw it showed me that Anika was in a bar - or nearby.

I called Aarav as fast as possible.

"Did Nisha tell you anything about their bar plan?" I asked urgently.

"What? Which bar?" he replied, sounding equally concerned.

"Nisha hasn't texted me in hours, and I'm going crazy!" he added, his voice tense.

"They're not picking up their phones." I spoke, my anxiety rising.

"I know, I've tried as well." Aarav groaned.

"What's the plan?" he looked at me, determination in his eyes.

"We're flying" I stated firmly.

"Done" he agreed without hesitation.

"Called the pilot. He'll be ready in an hour. Let's go!" My heart was racing. Anika wasn't picking up my calls. I had called the bar they went to, but they weren't answering. Aarav didn't know anything either.