38. Straight face?

Jai

Jai

I'm lying on the bed with Anika in my arms, and today was one of the best days of my life. I never thought I'd enjoy being on the receiving end of the princess treatment, but damn if it didn't make me feel special.

Anika is asleep, but I'm not the least bit sleepy. That's why I decided to plan a few things for my baby after everything she's done for me today.

She planned the whole day out for me, which means so much because no one has ever done that for me.

She bought me flowers.

She took me to my favorite restaurant.

She drove for me.

She surprised me with my favorite movie.

She wanted to make dinner for me.

But the main part wasn't just what she did, it was that she wanted to do these things for me. She wanted to make me happy, even after I've let her down so many times. Never again.

But I love giving her the princess treatment even more. Watching the smile on her face always makes it worth it.

It's past 1 am, and I'm not the least bit sleepy, so I decided to make a few calls and arrange a few things.

My team is available 24/7, so I made a few calls and arranged the best day for my wife. She is going to love it.

Calling her 'my wife' makes me feel things that nothing else has before. I never thought that mundane things with her would make the butterflies erupt.

I had to plan this date today because Anika leaves for her trip in 3 days, and I know for a fact that she's going to spend the next 3 days shopping for stuff.

I'm going to miss her so much. But no matter what the situation is, Anika has wanted to go on this trip for years, and I'm making that happen.

While she was ranting about how much she wanted to go on this trip, she mentioned the 'Shaadi ke bad jaana' conversation with Nisha and her mom.

I promised them that I'd drive them for shopping, but the only problem is, when the girls are with Anika, I don't get to touch her as much. And I'm not just talking about getting physical. It might be simple hand-holding, forehead kisses, or holding her by the waist.

But for now, I go back and lay beside her, pulling her closer, with her back pressed against my chest. I tuck my face into her neck and breathe her in.

Both of us know that we've fallen for each other, but neither of us is taking the first step.

She's scared that I don't feel the same. But how can I not when she does all these things for me? Things no one has ever done before. She understands me, makes me smile, listens to me when I'm stressed, and makes my life better just by being a part of it.