Chapter 19: It's Kindergarten Rules!

"Okay, listen up!" I stood in front of the glass automatic doors my hands positioned confidently on my hips as I addressed the remaining members of the Underground Crew.

For now, that consisted of Natsu, Gray and the honorary member Juvia. Erza, of course, was at work and after operation fairy stone, as it was so lovingly termed by Natsu, Jellal had walked back towards the edge of town saying he had 'a prior commitment.'

"This is my favorite place on earth, not to mention the place of employment for my best friend. That being said, as soon as we enter this building it's kindergarten rules! Don't touch anything, got it!" I furrowed my brow, angling my face to portray the seriousness I felt.

Gray pursed his lips. "Feels like this applies to some of us more than others." He side-eyed Natsu, one eyebrow cocked.

"Yea." Natsu leaned in closer to me, raising one hand to block the side of his face and isolate our conversation from Gray and Juvia. "Don't worry I'll make sure they don't touch anything."

Gray winced as his fist cupped. "I was talking about you moron! And if you're gonna cover your mouth like that at least learn how to whisper!"

Natsu shrugged. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Gray looked like he was about to snap, upon which Juvia also looked like she would go feral at the earliest opportunity.

"Enough!" I stomped my foot, my sandal flapping on the ground. "It applies to all of you, so hands to yourselves!"

With the tinge of irritation still floating in the air, the arguments subsided, and they all stood facing me with their arms crossed.

I sighed.

"Okay, let's go."

As the cool AC brushed my skin at the entry, the smell of books wafted in the air and I instantly felt at ease.

There were various families milling about, mothers with strollers reading to their children on the soft leather couches that were strewn about the rough carpeted floor. Two children giggled raucously as they rushed past me, heading straight for the multipurpose room on my right where a bunch of other young kids their age had gathered.

As I approached the front desk, my eyes settled on the hunched over form of a woman with bright blue hair, and a yellow head band. Standing over the counter, she didn't move an inch, her nose stuck deep into a novel, her eyes wide with anticipation.

I cleared my throat causing Levy to jump slightly before tilting her head to look up at me.

"Oh, hey Lulu!" She paused, a small smile forming and dissipating just as quickly as she looked at the remaining party members. "Oh, Gray and Juvia, too." Her lips formed an o as she traversed the line, finally landing on a strange boy with pink hair who stood absent mindedly to my left.

"Wait...Natsu?!" She stood up abruptly, slamming her fists on the counter.

I chuckled nervously at her indiscreet reaction.

"That's me!" Natsu smiled, adding in a small wave as he laughed warmly, completely unconcerned with the lively reaction.

Levy grabbed Natsu's hand, shaking it brashly. "Hi, the name's Levy. It's a pleasure to meet you! I mean I've already heard so much about you I feel like I already know you I mean not know you know you obviously but-"

Levy's rant cut short, as a shadow passed over her, a strong burly arm resting itself atop her messy hair.

"Alright there, pipsqueak. Calm down."