Early Morning Habits?

I awoke to Katie hovering over me. This seemed to be becoming a habit I wasn't too keen on keeping. I smiled softly and outstretched my arms for her, inviting her into the bed with me. Katie crawled into the bed with me nuzzling close to me. her small frame trembling as she did. I looked at her worried and whispered to her trying to sound as welcoming as I could

"What's wrong Katie?"

She shook her head no as she began to cry. I took as a sign she wasn't ready to talk yet so I held her closer to me and let her cry in my arms. I held her for a few minutes before I spoke again

"Are you ready to talk about it yet?"

Katie nodded softly and whispered, her voice breaking slightly as she tried to speak without crying anymore.

"I miss Aunt Hannah"

I sighed softly and spoke, keeping my voice as even as humanly possible.

"I miss her too"

I kissed Katie's temple as I held her close. We stayed like that for a few minutes as Katie calmed down. I watched Katie as she fell asleep again. I smiled softly before I sat up and left the bed. I ventured into the kitchen, it was 7:30 am. I ran my hands through my hair as I looked around the kitchen for nothing in particular. I took note of my surroundings. The kitchen was small and cramped; it left me with a sense of dread. I trudged into the living room and slumped onto the couch. I sighed and rubbed my eyes as I thought about what had happened in these past couple months. 'What if I hadn't gone to Fredbears that day? What if I went through with that silly threat I had made to Katie and Jeremy and turned around and went home?' I wouldn't be in this situation at all if I had just turned around and went the next day.

" God, It's all my fault,"

I spoke softly to myself

"No it isn't y/n"

I jerked my head up to the direction of the voice. I was met with the face of Micheal. I laughed dryly and said

"It's rude to eavesdrop"

"Maybe, butI'm glad I did. It wasn't your fault at all."

Micheal spoke as he joined me on the couch. I looked at him for a moment and he shrugged before turning on the television and flipping to some weird cartoon. I shook my head softly and stood up stepping away into the hall before I heard Micheal speak up again

"I saw you and my dad last night."

I froze for a moment the blood in my veins going cold before rambling out something to the effect of:

"It's not what you think"

Micheal cut me off swiftly and said

"I'm not a kid. I know that there's something going on between you two. I don't know what you guys are calling it but it's not just a friendship."

I gawked at him and said with a stern tone

"Micheal I don't know what you saw but your father and I are just friends"

Micheal looked at me and said with a lackadaisical tone

" better tell him that then I don't think he feels the same"

I sighed and walked off. Whether I admitted it or not Micheal's words had some truth to them. I knew that William had some feelings for me and if I was being completely honest I had some feelings for him as well. I wasn't going to address that though. I continued to walk through the hallway peeking into the guest bedroom to see Katie still fast asleep. I smiled softly as I watched her sleep peacefully. I walked into the room and grabbed my outfit of the day. I had some errands to run, mainly getting Katie enrolled into her elementary school. I walked into the bathroom and began getting changed as I thought about my tasks of the day: get Katie enrolled into elementary school, go back to Hannah's house and start the process of cleaning her belongings out. Her ex-husband had decided he didn't want the house and he wasn't going to deal with anything having to do with Hannah's passing. I finished getting dressed and put my dirty clothes from last night someplace safe before I walked out of the guest bedroom again. I heard a voice call out to me softly as I looked to William who was a few feet behind me in the hall.