22

☆

THE clock showed me it was just around 8pm, so i concluded it was time to get ready. i remembered what chan said about getting weapons, so i made my way to the room just opposite of mine.

i made sure to knock in a polite tone, standing right in front of the door. it took a few seconds, but i heard shuffling on the other side, so i waited. soon enough, hyunjin opened the door for me and looked down at me.

"hm?" he sounded groggy. he held his right hand in front of his eye, looking through his the middle of his index and middle finger. he was standing there with grey sweats and a brown striped sweatshirt.

"well, uh, chan said i could get a weapon from you? for later?" i explained in an unsure manner, scratching the back of my hand nervously.

he took a few seconds to process my words, but then nodded. "right, follow me." before he slid past me, he stretched, his arms raised in the air as i noticed his sweatshirt revealing the tiniest bit of his stomach. pretending that it didn't have any impact on me, i kept a straight face like a champion. i was kind of proud of myself.

it wasn't long until we had reached room 143. he told me to just wait as he went to the crazy amount of weapons they had. his back was turned to me and i saw his head turning left, right, left and so on, as if he was contemplating on which pistol was suitable for me.