43

☆

I opened my eyes again

I opened my eyes again. no explosion. no blood, no screams. no nothing. what?

"it.. didn't go off?" han questioned after daring to open one eye. he was the first one to break the deafening silence. we all carefully looked up. we were still alive..?

"oh my god thank fuck. let's get out of here fast," changbin grabbed me.

it was true. there was something wrong with the bomb. maybe it was pure luck, maybe we weren't supposed to die today. or maybe it was a bluff. maybe he was so sure i'd go back to him. he wasn't wrong. if wooyoung hadn't intervened, i would probably be in his hands now.

i glanced at it for one more second before running outside with them. wooyoung had really done that just now. i noticed a tear rolling down my cheek. how pathetic. crying over him. i couldn't believe myself. i wiped it away angrily, promising myself i'd never let another tear go to waste like that.

we weren't sure if the bomb could still go off. we ran until we couldn't anymore and were a panting mess. and then- bang.

dark grey smoke rose up form the roof of the building. the windows were smashed and fire was escaping out of them.

so it wasn't a joke. we could all be dead right now. since jeongin was standing right next to me, he had to become victim of possibly the tightest hug i had ever given. i couldn't have forgiven myself if anything ever happened to just one of them.

surprisingly enough he hugged me back just as tight. then the tears started flowing. and i couldn't stop it. we had been so close to death. and even though they all had most likely experienced a lot of close calls, their faces were equally as disturbed as mine.

"i need to see hyunjin," i spoke into jeongin's chest, words muffled but still clear enough for him to hear.

"i know y/n," he whispered, then moved his head in a way that made it clear to the others we were all going to leave. fast.

once i saw him, i was devastated. hyunjin was sickeningly pale, his eyes looked like he hadn't gotten sleep in a good while and his hair was all messed up. he looked rough.

he hadn't seen me, so i quickly pushed through seonghwa and mingi to get to him. i took a chair to sit right next to the bed. i grabbed a hold of his hand, remembering not to squeeze to tight in case it would hurt him. upon the touch his head turned towards me. it seemed he was a bit surprised seeing me. i weakly smiled at him. it was all i could muster up.

he returned it, but his was much stronger. i wondered where he had gotten that power from, as he appeared as good as dead just a second ago.

"y/n." he dragged my name as he intertwined our fingers. i felt my heart melt. he looked like a happy little boy in this very moment. i sighed in relief.

"you're alive," i breathed out, letting my head fall. his other hand caressed the back of my head. he chuckled slightly. "did you doubt me?" his voice was hoarse, which i only noticed now.

i rested my forehead on the bed. "shut up. i was  so worried, hyunjin." he didn't respond, but i didn't mind since i rather focused on his loving fingers.

"is he dead? your father, i mean," he finally asked.

i gazed at him. "..don't call him that. yes, he's dead."

he threw his head back. "oh thank god. he was really getting on my nerves." the sparkles in his eyes were back. even though he had put me in some shit and nearly drove me crazy, i felt as though he was the better part of me. maybe it was his smile, his eyes, or actually, scratch that. it was just him.

he somehow had managed to captivate me so much, and i wasn't mad at all.

a hint of a smile made its way on my face. his eyes were so pure, so soft when they were on me. they shifted to the left side of my face, then the right side, then the left one again.

hyunjin squeezed my hand and tugged on it. "can you kiss me?" he whispered gently.

i nodded without hesitation. "of course." i lowered my head to him. he tilted his head and used his free hand to cup my face. he let out a hum of satisfaction when our lips met while making it as sweet as possible. his kisses were something i would probably never get used to. his lips were so soft, as if they were assuring me i'd be safe with him.

i wished we could've remained like that for a longer time, but we both knew he was going to get further treatment soon.

it would be okay.

☆    XXXIII™         ☆

☆        XXXIII™         ☆