31

☆

I was roughly pushed to the side

I was roughly pushed to the side. the red and yellow strands of hair that could only belong to mingi passed by me. i myself was in a state of trying to accept what was hard to swallow. they actions that i had done, never had i ever thought it could come to this outcome.

seeing her body slump down like that, the blood creating an ugly decoration for the wall and the ground made me rethink. had i really done the right thing?

whenever i had fired the shot, all movement around me stopped, hence mingi was even able to get here. he was beaten up, a crimson red here and there, indicating a struggle.

upon laying my eyes on a heavy breathing hyunjin, my feet dragged me to him. he was like a magnet that attracted me from anywhere.  i kneeled before him, since he was sitting on the hard asphalt as well. his white sweatshirt had a few tears.

"are you okay?" i couldn't ask anything else. it was clear to me he wasn't. his troubled eyes turned into softer, velvety ones. his one hand searched for mine, and when it did successfully find it, he wrapped it around my index finger. it sent heat waves through my body. his palm had a rough texture, a bit of dirt and tiny rocks covering it.

"i'm impressed." he stated. he was referring to what had happened just now. the way he ignored my question threw me off. "you're improving." he complimented, even though i wondered if it was a great thing to become better in. his hand raised itself, wiping away a few droplets of blood off my face in a caring manner. i was stunned. it was only a little gesture, yet it had me completely astonished.

"you're hurt." i pointed out once i fully recollected myself, especially after seeing the way he had been stabbed. he tried standing up. "what are you talking abo-" his legs gave up on him. he exhaled in pain. it seemed the adrenaline had now finally passed. he threw his head back in an attempt to lessen any anguish. i watched him carefully while also asking myself how it was possible for him to still be so handsome in this position and situation.

in the distance, mingi picked up yuqi, his girlfriend. he was crying. upon catching my gaze on him, he stiffened up. "i'll make you pay for that!" he yelled towards me, the suffering evident in every letter he spoke out. he then motioned the others to leave with him. he realized they were going to lose if they were to keep on going. two of the members had already been knocked out, one was dead, and the others had bruises all over them.

while jongho and hongjoong dragged san and yeosang, wooyoung pushed yoshi off of mister cho, giving him a deathly glare. the older man began to curse out his assistant, telling him about how he was fired, then walked off with the others while leaving yoshi there. he hung his head down low, forcing his eyes shut.

jeongin had noticed him standing there, so he ran up to him and placed a hand on his shoulder. yoshi, not having expected this, he quickly turned around, only to stare into a smiling face of a guy a few centimeters shorter than him. "come with us." he suggested, leaving the taller one dumbfounded.

when he asked why and where, jeongin only shook his head. "explanations later." since he had nowhere to go now anyway, he figured agreeing was the best option for him at the moment.

☆☆☆☆☆

seungmin was treating hyunjin. his cuts and wounds apparently weren't that deep, it was most likely just the amount of them that made the difference. the only one that was a little concerning was the one on his stomach.

i was sitting with the others, from time to time looking over to them. i barely managed to stop myself from gasping when seungmin lifted hyunjin's sweatshirt in order to examine the wound. from what i could see, his upper body was trained, but not too much. his waist was slim, his skin spotless.

"what's on your mind?" felix must had noticed me zoning out.

i was a bit surprised, especially since my mind was a blank right now. or maybe, i wanted it to be one.

he noticed the lack of a response, so he asked something more specific. "is it because of that girl?" he was referring to yuqi.

my body stiffened up on itself. i hadn't registered what i had done even now. "yeah..it's hard to accept." i confessed, my hands in my lap as i set my gaze down to them.

"i understand. maybe you have heard this before, but it's either them or you that gets killed. you saved yourself, and i'm proud of that." i had in fact heard this before. hyunjin had told me when he trained me.

"felix, he cried."

"mingi?" i nodded. with two fingers, he motioned me to come closer. i followed, then soon enough found myself in his arms. it was an embrace that i had desperately needed. felix was like a slightly older brother to me. always caring and gentle.

mentally, i thanked him a thousand times for this. i never wanted to let go. his arms had introduced me a world that didn't know judgement.

XXXI™

shorter chapter, but oh well

6k tyvm ♡