Chapter 8 - Landing at Point Rain

Kennedy stood with her hands behind her back on the bridge of the Cruiser with Master Kenobi and Master Mundi looking down at the planet of Geonosis.

"I cannot believe we're back here again," Master Kenobi said.

"It is unfortunate. The resistance from the native Geonosians was stronger than we anticipated," Mundi replied.

"The same can be said for their loyalty to Count Dooku."

"A fact that is often overlooked."

Kennedy turned around to see General Skywalker and Ahsoka walking onto the bridge and greeted them with a smile.

"You're late," Kenobi said.

"Sorry, Master," Skywalker exhaled, "Ahsoka and I were busy rerouting the Seppies near Dorin."

"My squadron alone had 55 kills," Ahsoka added with a smug grin.

"Yeah, but mine had 76."

"Show off," Ahsoka rolled her eyes.

"Well, I'm glad you two are enjoying yourselves," Kenobi said with a slightly sarcastic tone.

Anakin put out his hands, "Hey, it's just a little friendly competition, Master. Nothing to worry about."

"What I worry about is the way this war seems to be drawing out with no end in sight."

"Which is why it is crucial our invasion of Geonosis meets with success," Mundi added.

"Agreed. Ahsoka, contact the Outer Rim Command. We're ready for our briefing."

"They're already waiting for us."

Kennedy walked with Ahsoka to the command room. "Did you say your squadron had 55 kills?" she asked with intrigue.

"Yep. We did pretty good out there if I do day so myself."

"Wow, that's awesome." Everything Ahsoka did amazed her. She worked so well with General Skywalker and was jealous of how successful she was. But she should be happy--they were at war after all. A victory was just a step closer to ending the war, or that's what everyone was telling themselves.

"What have you guys been up to?"

She was ashamed that her reports were much more boring. "Ah, nothing much. Just training. Master Kenobi says I've been doing really well." Although, the training consisted more of training to fight and how to lead, more than it was training to be a Jedi. But desperate times called for desperate measures she supposed.

"That's good! You're not as far behind me as I thought you were. You'll be commanding in no time."

They circled around the holo-table where Master Yoda's, Master Windu's, and Chancellor Palpatine's holograms were waiting for them.

"Our ships are in position, and we are ready to begin our campaign against the Geonosians," Master Kenobi explained.

"And what about Poggle? Any report on his location?" Master Windu asked.

"It seems he's holed up at the primary droid foundry here," he pointed to a glowing red dot on the map that was glowing in the center of the table. "The factory is protected by a shield generator. Anakin, Ki-Adi, and I shall attempt a three-pronged attack through their defense lines to a staging area just short of the shield. Once we have landed, we shall knock out the shield generator. That is our primary target."

"Isn't it risky committing three generals to one area of attack? If something went wrong, we could be dealt a serious blow," the Chancellor expressed his concern.