Hidden Truths

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except Persephone.

~(Y/n)'s POV~

"Doctor Marcoh's research! It's all gone!" Ed and Whity screamed in front of the burnt-down Central Library. "I can't believe it..." I muttered.

*Central Library/ First Branch: Remains*

As we looked through what was left of the library, trying to find something that survived. Ed picked up a burnt book only to have it turn to ash. "There's nothing left her but ashes...everything's gone..." Ed muttered as a woman's voice called. "Major Armstrong!" We turned to see a man and woman, both in military uniforms, saluting. "Well, Second Lt. Ross and Sergeant Brosh, to what do we owe this pleasure?" Armstrong asked.

"You have been ordered to report back to the Command Center sir!" Ross said while Brosh said, "We will be taking over the supervision of (Y/n) (L/n), Edward Elric, and their siblings immediately!" "Hmph...very well then; they're yours." Armstrong said with sparkles around his head. "What is this?" Ed said. "Just when we think we're home free, they saddle us with more bodyguards...this is getting old!" Ed and I both whined/complained.

"All might not be lost...there was a woman who was well acquainted with the materials in the First Branch," Ross told them as they all say in the back of a car. "Unfortunately...she wasn't working there anymore." "That sounds incredibly helpful..." Ed muttered as he crossed his arms and turned his head to look out the window. I slapped Ed's left shoulder, and Ed whined. "Be nice." I said to him as he grunted.

"Something wrong?" Al asked Brosh. "Oh, it's nothing...although If you don't mind me asking, where are you wearing a suit of armor?" Ed and Al looked at each other before turning away and saying, "It's a hobby!" Brosh and Ross began to whisper to each other. As Al and Ed decided to change the subject. "So...what do you say, Al, Percy, and (Y/n)... the lovely view isn't it?" "Oh yeah, it's gorgeous!" Al agreed. As Percy and I sighed.

*Mysterious Woman's Place*

They had finally reached the woman's place, knocking on the door and opening it only to find mountains of books. "There's got to be a hundred in here!" Ed was amazed as Brosh asked, "Is there really someone living in this place?" The group began to squeeze through the piles of books in search of the girl. "Ms. Sheska, are you here?" Ross called. "Is...someone...there...?" Percy, Al and I heard someone call, but their voice was muttered.

We both turned to find a hand raised in the air. "Um...brother...?" Al asked as he pointed, causing everyone to look in that direction. "There's someone under there..." Percy and I quickly ran to help, Ed close behind as the others followed.

Ed, Percy and I were panting when they were finished getting the girl free. They each other took a seat on the ground as the girl bowed saying, "thank you, I got myself trapped under a pile of books!" She put on her glasses. "I thought I was going to suffocate under there! Thank you so much!"

"So, uh, are you Sheska?" Percy asked. "Yes." she said. "And you worked at the library." She cringed. "Oh the library," she smiled, her eyes glistening with the word, "the word itself is so beautiful! I've loved books my whole entire life, ever since I learned to first read as a girl! That job was Heaven!"

As we looked in deadpanned expressions.

"But I forgot that I was supposed to working and all I ever dos was read, so they fired me. If I don't find another job, I'll never be able to move my poor elderly mother into a better hospital. But I'm hopeless! The only thing I can do well is read! I'll never find another job as long as I live! I'm useless! Good for nothing! More pathetic than pond scum!"

"Um, excuse me." Ed interrupted, "there's one thing we wanted to ask you." She stopped her crying, "Yes?" "Do you remember seeing any research belonging to someone named 'Tim Marcoh'?" I asked her. "Let's see Tim Marcoh, where do I know that name? Oh! Yes of course! I remember now!" She says. "Really!" Percy said.