The Fifth Laboratory

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except Persephone.

~The Fifth Laboratory~

~Percy's POV~

Al and I heard a noise and quickly turned to see someone jump down, attacking us as the sound of a blade hitting metal could be heard. Al pushed the blade back, only to have the guy continuously attack him. Al dodged each one with ease. After about the 5th swing, Al jumped back, putting some distance between them as I moved behind him.

"You move pretty well for your size. If you didn't though, it wouldn't be worth the effort to cut you down. Unknown man said. "Who are you?" I questioned. "Well, girly. I'm number 66. Well, that's the name they gave me to come work here anyway." 66 crossed his knives across one another. "I'm going to cut you up, nice and neat. All you have to do is stand back and scream!" He lunged at the us.

*Inside the Fifth Lab*

~(Y/n)'s POV~

Ed and I continued walking through the hallway, coming across a huge room. As we walked in deeper, we saw the floor had a transmutation circle on the ground. "What is all this?" Ed asked. "This has to be where they made the Philosopher's Stone..." I said as I looked around the room. "Yes; that's right. I don't know who you are but you sure figured out a lot from looking at a transmutation circle."

Ed and I turned in the direction of the voice to see a suit of armor step out. "We're just good like that...who are you?" Ed asked. "Il the one in charge of keeping this place from brats like you. For the moment, let's say my name is 48...and believe me, I'm not your pal. My order was to dispose of anyone who wanders in here, poke their nose where they don't belong...try not to take it personally, kids." 48 stated as he looked at the two.

"Alright, we won't." Ed and I both said as Ed transmuted his arm into blade. "And you try not to take it personally when these kids kick your ass!" I said. "You're alchemists, aren't you?" He charged at the two as he said. "Alright... let's see what you've got." He then swung his blade down at Ed, who moved quickly out of the way. 48 then swung his blade at I dodged it by moving at the right moment.

"Prosthetic arm, huh? No matter...my sword can pierce through steel as well as flesh." I managed to push the guy back some, and then kicked him, gaining some distance. The man in armor now stood in the middle of Ed and I. After I kicked him, the sound of an empty suit of armor being hit was heard. "My, my...what's this? I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say your hollow inside." Ed stated with a grin. "You're a perceptive one..." "I can tell from the sound; I spar against someone like you all the time." "And loses..." I muttered. "So there are people like me on the outside too? That's surprising..."

"Yeah; it makes me sick...to think, there is more than one idiot in the world who thought of bonding disembodied soul of armor." Ed said. "Perhaps I should introduce myself again." 48 said, lowering his sword but not loosening his grip, "...48 is the number I was assigned when I was on death row. Back when I still had a living body, I was better known as 'Slicer'. I was a mass murderer, you see."

"People like you make me sick..." I said in disgust. "So you were slated for execution then? So tell me something then, this laboratory, are they using condemned prisoners like you to make Philosopher's Stones here?" Ed said. "That I can't tell you, it isn't my area. They simply recognized my skills, gave me this body, and made me the trusting guard dog." "Interesting. I'm sure they gave you a seal too, to serve as a bond between soul and armor." I stated.

"Yes"– Slicer removed his mask and mouthpiece of his armor, revealing a circle of blood on the back of his head – "I have a blood seal. This is it, right here. If tot destroys this, the fight's yours." He said. "That's awfully considerate of you to show my your weak spot." Ed stated as Slicer said, "I like to give myself a little extra challenge during a fight, now and then." "As long as you're in such a giving mood, then how 'bout this: why don't you just let me go?" Ed asked. "Nice try kid." Slicer fixed his helmet as he said, "But what kind of mass murderer lets his prey get away from him that easily?" He tightened his grip on his sword. "Now let's fight."