Inside the Belly

Disclaimer: I do not own any of the characters except for Persephone.

No One's POV

Windows on a ceiling appeared on screen. The scene started to move down to show a table and chair then a couple of chimeras chained up as the sound of a door opening and closing was heard.

Envy was shown to be by the door with a plate of food in his hand. He walked over to the table where another plate was left untouched. "Oh no, not again. We told you. You're an important candidate for sacrifice." He said as he sat down. He pulled one of his legs onto his other knee and held it there.

Envy's face was shown as he held it up by his other hand and closed his eyes as he smirked. "We need you to keep your strength up. Understand? So dig in, Dr. Marcoh." The scene moved forward to show Dr. Marcoh sitting on the bed.

Dr. Marcoh was zoomed in on. "You know what? I've been sitting here a while, trying to decide what you mean by sacrifice. Trying to figure out why I'm here. And what is it exactly you want me to do." He opened his eyes and looked at Envy, who was still sitting relaxed at the table.

"I'm fairly certain that what you're doing right now is using this land and its people to form a giant transmutation circle." Dr. Marcoh's hands were shown to be clutching each other. "And your hope is the end result will be the creation of a Philosopher's Stone." His face was shown, then Envy's. "Am I wrong?"

Envy gave an evil smirk as he turned to look at Dr. Marcoh. "So close, not quite. But you're on the right track."

Dr. Marcoh looked up. "Then what is it?"

Envy stood up. "The question is, are you going to cooperate with us or not? If not, the village is history." The village that Dr. Marcoh lived in was shown, then Dr. Marcoh appeared on screen with a look of horror. "Lust told me about your arrangement. If we agree to leave the village alone," Envy leaned down and looked him in the face. "Then you'll do whatever we ask.

Dr. Marcoh squeezed his hands together.

The scene pulled out to show Envy leaning over Dr. Marcoh. "Which is it? Agree to work with us and kill everyone in this country or refuse to work with us and watch everyone in your beloved village die."

Dr. Marcoh squeezed his eyes shut. He imagined a bunch of different groups of people from his village.

Dr. Marcoh reappeared on the screen. "Fool. You just have to forsake one little village to save an entire country." The scene moved up to show Envy. "Too bad you don't have the stomach to do the logical thing."

Envy stood up straight. "Ha-ha. I shouldn't be surprised. That's just how all you humans are."

Dr. Marcoh was shown.

"You put emotion before common sense."

The plate of food was shown.

Envy picked up the knife. "I almost killed a man who was like that once."

Envy raised the knife and turned it in his hand. "All I had to do was make myself look like his wife and he was helpless. He couldn't even fight me." He stabbed the knife into the steak.

His evil grinning face was shown. "Humans are so easy to take advantage of." He raised the knife with the bloody steak on it. "Lucky us."

-Inside the Belly-

The Presidential estate appeared on screen. Bradley was shown to be walking down a shadowed corridor with lamps on the wall here and there.

"The humans seem to be giving you quite a bit of trouble lately, don't they, Wrath?" A voice that sounded like an echo said.