Chapter 102: Passing The Flame Temporarily

"Claude... are you certain you're willing to do this?" Chrom asked as he got himself ready. Claude looked down at his hands and then slowly nodded. Chrom grabbed his hands as he took a long deep breath. Claude felt his anxiety boosting before Chrom kissed him on the lips. Claude stopped for a moment to let the kiss consume him. "Just... in case..."

"In case for what?"

"In case... it doesn't work in the end..." Chrom muttered. He placed his hand on Claude's cheek and gently touched it. Claude moved his hand to kiss his hand. Chrom blushed as Claude smiled down at him. Then he looked down at Chrom's hands as he closed his eyes. "Prepare yourself Claude..." Claude nodded as he closed his eyes.

"What are you doing-"

"Fire of the dragon, transmit your flame to the new person, protect them as you protected me. As you wait patiently for my return," Chrom mumbled under his breath. Then his flame was transmitted to Claude. Claude felt his body heating up as the dragon flame got transported into his body. Then it was finished and Chrom collapsed in Claude's arms.

Claude muttered, "Easy... easy... you're okay." Chrom gently wrapped himself around Claude. Claude blushed as he hugged Chrom tightly. Chrom felt safe in his arms and just happy to know he was okay from the incident.

"Do you feel any different?" Arli asked as she walked over to Claude's side. Claude looked at himself as he did his best to keep Chrom up.

Claude explained, "I do feel slightly hotter than normally. Probably because the dragon flame was just transferred into my body. Otherwise, I feel the same overall. Will I be able to use the power of the dragon flame?"

"Yes, since you were able to pass the transmit test, then the dragon trusts you. Just be careful, it's not exactly very stable right now," Arli explained. Claude nodded as he carried Chrom onto the wyvern. Gently, keeping him safe as he left them into the air.

Byleth sighed, "You better be careful of that Claude." Claude nodded but Byleth began thinking. "What is there to do... we aren't sure what Liberation is supposed to do but... hm..." Byleth placed his finger near his chin before laughter echoed through the forest.

"There he is again..." Celica mumbled. The heroes all looked at one another before realizing all the heroes from the other timelines were gone. It was just them and that was it. "Oh... no..."

"DID THAT ASS REALLY TAKE THEM AWAY?!" Byleth shouted. The heroes told him to silence himself as they all stood there in silence. The heroes kept their weapons out as they awaited Libertion's arrival. Then he appeared directly in front of the heroes. Creating a void directly behind him, the heroes looked over in confusion as Liberty took out a lance.

Liberation laughed, "Good evening heroes! You must be so excited to see such a familiar face! Isn't that just the best thing to possibly imagine?" He smiled down at the heroes as the heroes all looked at him with anger filling their bodies. Liberation looked at them as he moved the void toward the sky.

"What are you doing..." Byleth demanded. Liberation smiled at him as he raised his lance in the air. Then the void began sucking things into the void. The heroes did their best to not be affected by the increasing winds but the winds were far too strong.

Liberation laughed, "That doesn't feel nice now does it!? Of course not!" He looked down at himself as he began chuckling. Then he teleported away as the heroes all looked at each other.

"WHAT NOW?!" Celica shouted. Byleth created a spell to protect them from the winds. The heroes dashed over to the ocean to check what was going on. However, the more they ran the more things that were being pulled into the void.

"THERE'S SO MUCH BEING PULLED IN! IS THIS EVEN REMOTELY SAFE?!" Kirby shouted while questioning. Byleth didn't answer as the heroes continued running. Then they arrived at the ocean, once more Lord Liberation was there.

"Oh! I didn't expect to see you all so soon!" Liberation giggled. The heroes all stood there staring at him as he looked up into the air "There's a lot that's going to happen... are you all truly prepared for the ceremony of your death?"

"Why are you doing this... what could've possibly happened for you to be acting this way?" Byleth asked. Lord Liberation stood there staring at Byleth as he chuckled.

Lord Liberation sighed, "My sister Liva, she was a kind woman. Too bad for her that she disappeared since Michael was so kind to kill her. But now I only see one goal from this world! To see the demise of the planet! So you know what's going to happen? The World Tree is DYING!!"

"WHAT?!"

"Oh yes... while I will do what all villains do and distract you heroes... I will focus on the World Tree. The Golden Tree and the Tree of Life are both dead. The World Tree and Crystal are the ONLY ones left remaining..." Liberation continued. He smiled as he created something from the waters.

Byleth asked, "W-What is going on!?"

"Have fun with the vortex! You will really need it if you're not going to be dealing with ME!" Liberation laughed before disappearing. The heroes felt the winds against them as the tidal waves began to grow more and more.

Chrom muttered, "This is it... the repeat of the Fire Dawn but with less... blood and fire... oh gods..."