Chapter 53

~With Takemichi~
As he was tied up to a chair and beaten to a pulp, Takemichi looked at his surroundings. Both Inupi and Koko were in the same position as him as Mucho was towering over them. Takemichi could tell that they were in danger, but he needed to find a way out of this situation.

"Machu-kun, what are you aiming for? No matter how much you serve him, Izana will only see Mikey. He created Tenjiku only to destroy Mikey."

"You shit, you think Izana only has his eyes on Mikey?"

Suddenly Takemichi found it difficult to breathe as he felt Mucho slamming his right foot into his gut. Soon Takemichi felt the top of his head being held as Mucho was staring at him blanky and started punching him in the face.

"There is a reason why I abducted you three. First up, Inui. Why do you follow Hanagaki? Is it because you don't want to be used again?"

".........."

"Inui, last time you served under the Tenth Black Dragon leader, Shiba Taiju. Once again, you used his strength to rebuild Black Dragon. In exchange, Taiju wanted Kokonoi Hajime to join Black Dragon. What Izana wants is his power, his financial power."

The moment he heard this, Takemichi was slowly piecing things together. No matter the timeline, in the future, the one who was holding the money in Toman was Kokonoi. However, Takemichi couldn't help shake the feeling that Koko wasn't the only thing Izana wanted. It felt like something was missing. However, Takemichi's thoughts were interrupted when he felt Mucho stepping on his skull.

"The annoying thing about you, Kokonoi, is that you only seem to listen to Inui. Meanwhile Inui seems to serve under Hanagaki. That's why I must kill Hanagaki and Inui. If the person you always follow is gone, you'd have no choice but to fall under Tenjiku. So choose, either join Tenjiku or these two die."

"....... "

"Also, Hanagaki, Mikey isn't Izana's only plan. Kokonoi's financial power, Kisaki's intellect, Mikey's charisma, and our future wild card's brute strength and ferocity. Izana will make full use of these elite four and make the greatest criminal organization."

Just as Mucho said this, he was slightly surprised when he saw Takemichi slowly standing up. As the boy was beaten and breathing heavily, he took a step forward and wore a smirk on his face as he stared at the person in front of him.

"Machu-kun, you said Izana will make the greatest criminal organization? Even if I die, I won't let it happen. Kokonoi Hajime is a member of the first division. I won't hand my subordinate over to you!"

"Hanagaki ......"

Koko was surprised to see how far Takemichi was going just for him and Inui. However, how could Takemichi get them out of this situation. That question ran through the heads of everyone here. Not only that, Mucho doesn't even look the least bit concerned.

"Let's go!!!!!"

Just as Takemichi lunged towards Mucho, he was suddenly punched in the face as his body hit the wall. Mucho's expression didn't change as he simply walked towards Takemichi and began to punch him repeatedly.

"I won't.....hand Koko .......to you Tenjiku bastards."

"And then what? You can't win against me."

"It's not about winning or losing! And I won't die either!!!!!!"

Just as Takemichi was prepared to lunge at Mucho again, everyone heard the sound of the doors opening. To their surprise, they saw a familiar blonde hair boy standing before them as his headphones were hanging around his neck. Seeing this, Takemichi smiled as he instantly recognized who it was.

"Heiwajima-kun! I'm glad you're here. We have to hurry and get out of here."

"Why?"

"Mucho is trying to take Koko away from the first division. He's betraying To-"

"I mean why are you taking so long, Mucho?"

The moment Izayoi said this, he rushed towards Takemichi and slammed his right fist on top of the boy's head. Everyone was shocked to see Takemichi knocked out on the ground. However, Mucho smiled as he knew what this action meant. Soon Izayoi spun his body as he delivered a kick to Inupi's chin as he knocked him out as well, only leaving Koko awake.

"Heiwajima, what are you do-"

"Join Tenjiku and help them live or I kill them and drag you over by force. A worthless traitor who abandoned his gang or a worthless friend who let his allies get killed. No matter the choice, your life will change forever. Make your choice, Kokonoi."

"............ Heiwajima, you wouldn't normally do this, would you? What exactly did the-"

"Make your choice, Kokonoi. While I still feel nice enough to spare them."

~Nighttime~
Takemichi was slowly waking up. The moment he opened his eyes, he noticed that Inupi and himself were outside lying in a pile of trash. Seeing Inupi was still unconscious, Takemichi put the boy on his back as he began to walk.

"Heiwajima-kun......he would never do something like this. The last thing he would want to do is hurt Mikey. Does Tenjiku have something on him that is forcing him to join? Izana looked betrayed by Heiwajima-kun helping me in the future. In order to be betrayed, there'd have to be a period in time when Izana trusted him so much. Is this the event that started their cooperation?"

"I'm sorry, Hanagaki. I couldn't do anything.....i couldn't protect Koko."

"It's okay, Inupi. They won't kill Koko, they need him to recreate the brutal generation. If anything, i'm sorry. I misunderstood you two. I thought you two were with Tenjiku or some other irredeemable bastards. But you helped me, Koko sacrificed himself for us. You two are good people and my friends. That's why I won't let Tenjiku have Koko or Heiwajima-kun. That's why everything is okay."

~Meanwhile~
"Out of all the timelines, there was one where Iza-chan used all of his strength to try to kill me."

Right now, Izaya was standing in a junkyard as if he was waiting for someone. While he waited, he remembered the time Izayoi almost killed him in one timeline. The ferocity and speed of his attacks, the moves he used, all of it was engraved into his memory. It was that timeline in which even Sano Manjiro couldn't hope to beat him.

"His kyokushin karate, the way he moves, the way he acts, i'll drill them all into present and make him the gangster he was suppose to be."

As Izaya said this, he heard the sound of footsteps reaching him. When Izaya looked ahead of him, he saw the person he was waiting for standing right in front of him. Izayoi merely stared at Izaya with a lifeless look in his eyes.

"I got your text, Izaya. Truth be told, I have no reason to believe you. However, your information gathering must have some truth to it if even Kisaki and Izana wanted you. So, is this deal also part of Izana's plan?"

"No, this one is more personal. I'll help with training you so you can get even stronger for our upcoming battle. In exchange, i'll guarantee this. I'll do something to keep you from being a miserable man in the future."

I'll expose the truth about Hanagaki Takemichi and i'll prevent Sano Emma's death.