A Fresh Start

All I could smell was salt, literally. I sat in the passengers seat next to my best friend and roommate Jasper. We had just now left the god awful small town fiasco, not only could you never find anything to do, but the connection there was hurrendous. You have no idea how hard it is trying live stream with something about as good as dial up, curse you HughesNet. I rolled down my window to see gleaming water as far as I could see and the smell of salt flooded the four door Honda.

"Finally going to get out of this mobile death trap" Jasper complained as ussuall.

"You're the one that supposedly 'fixed her up.'"

"This thing is beyond my care." I rolled my eyes.

She's so stubborn in the mornings, well, all the time really.

We drove past the big sign 'Welcome to Beach City!'

"So where is this beach house we're moving into?" I asked.

"Well, it's somewhere down the boardwalk, like I said earlier."

"Like I'd remember"

"Yeah, your too busy with MindCraft or something."

"Ugh, Jasper it's MineCraft!"

"Whatever, same thing."

"Not really..."

We began to get into the boardwalk and passed a car wash, a donut shop, pizzeria, and finally we got to where we were going to be staying, permanently I hoped. It was a small two bedroom house with yellow panel and white trim. It had two steps leading to a single white door. I opened the car door after grabbing my backpack containing my laptop and my Playstation 3 games.

"You do have the keys, right?" Jasper asked

"Yep, wouldn't leave without them." I jingled them in her face and rushed to the door opening it slowly.

"What the... Jasper..." I opened the door to reveal a complete and utter mess.

"I thought this was new?!"

"How else do you think we'd be able to afford a house on the freaking beach?"

"Th-the mess.... it's awful...."

"Well you can handle it, you're good at cleaning."

"B-but Jasper.... its so... gross...."

"Ughh.... I'll get your 'special supplies'" she said in a mocking tone.

I was then left to stare at the moldy ceiling, rotting floors, and dust, dust everywhere. I really needed to clean this now.

"Here, wuss."

She handed me my bag with assorted cleaning products and my favorite duster. She then walked out.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"To move the boxes in, duh."

"No, my stuff is not coming in here until this place is 100% up to my standards! And you're not touching my things you'll probably break something."

"I wouldn't break any of your junk for one and your standards will take all day!"

I grabbed my duster and started on the window sill stirring up a cloud.

"You might as well get to work."

Jasper growled and grabbed a broom from the kitchen. At least they left us something.