She's Not Dead

Just got back from Florida and wrote this on the 7 hour drive back... I'm about to pass out from exhaustion so here you go, it's incredibly short but better than nothing.. zzzzzzz

-Incredibly Tired and Lazy Author

Chapter 11:

Peridot's POV:

"Mmm-Aghhh!!" I start slipping and Lapis catches me by the waist. She looks at me before laughing.

"Haha, you clumsy clod." She said with a smile.

I smiled back, "I'm a nerd actually."

Leaning in again, we get lost in the moment yet again.

Creak

"Okay, we should probably not be so close to, uh, dying." I say, noticing we are both about to fall.

Helping me up, I notice a blush spread across her face. "Heh, you look a little flustered there." I say with a smirk. She blushes harder before adding, "Yeah! Well you're face is pretty red too!" She says defensively. I laugh at her, and take her hand leading her down, back to her house.

Lapis POV:

We started back home, not really talking much. It was kinda shocking that all of this happened so soon, just last week I was starting to worry if I'd ever find anyone, but now here I am, with a girl. Jasper had said it was normal and she dates tons of girls, but what would my Mom say if I just brought home a girl out of the blue? Like 'Hey Mom, I didn't get a boyfriend, but I got a girlfriend, and, no, I'm not gay, I don't think'... I'm so confused...

"Hello, earth to Lapis?" Snapping out of my thoughts, I see a concerned Peridot. "You okay, bud?" She asked.

"Oh, uh, yeah I'm fine just thinking. My house is just up ahead, by the way." She looks a second longer before nodding and walking a bit faster. I notice our hands still intertwined, and blush slightly.

"That's it, right there." I say flatly. "Are you sure you're okay?"

"Do... You want to come inside...?"

Peridot's POV:

I blink a few times, "Um, what was that?"

"I said, do you want to come inside?"

"Oh, sure..." I tried to hide the shock and nervousness, but failed. Miserably.

We made our way into her living room, walking around the coffee table beofre sitting down on her couch. It was silent for a moment before she finally broke it, "We should talk, about... this.."

"About me almost dying?"

"No, about us.."

I gulped, well, I knew I screwed something up. She noticed and replied, "It's not you! I just wanted to know what we are, I.. I'm confused.." To be honest, I was confused too. "Well, I, um, I like you. A lot. But you know that, and I think that you like me too..." I said looking at her wit hopeful eyes. "Of course!" She said.

Smiling, I said, "Well, then shouldn't that make us girlfriends?"

"Oh...." She looked away for a moment. "I... I've never dated a girl before..."

"Really..? Oh.."

Of course.. no wonder she was so uncomfortable... She's probably straight or something..

"I get it. I'm sorry about all of this... I'll just leave.. I hope we can still be friends..."

I started to get up, fighting the tears that threatened to spill at any moment. She grabbed my wrist, and I turned around, looking into those blue eyes I loved so much.

"Don't go... It's not that I don't want to... I just need some time.. " She pulled me into a tight hug that I returned immediately. There's still a chance. We pull away, and she yawns. I look at a clock on her stand, reading 10:37.

"I should probably let you get some sleep then, you know, to think about it." I say with a small smile. She looks at me for a moment before pecking me on the lips,

"Goodnight, Peri."