The Lighthouse Of Cheese

Sorry for the two week delay, I hope you are all having an awesome Steven Bomb 3! Also, if I'm ever this late again just remember, I'm an eternal flame, baby!

~Yolo Swag Author Out (I'm Totes Cool, Yeah? Yeah? Okay, Bye...)

Lapis POV:

"You'll never defeat me DogCopter!" The nefarious Dr.Catovich yowled confidently as DogCopter barked triumphantly. The theatre nearly empty, not because the movie was bad, it had been out for about two weeks and was nearing it's end. The movie was almost over, but I had no idea what was happening, my mind was focused on this not becoming a complete embarrassment.

Peridot was munching on popcorn, completely awestruck at what was unfolding before us onscreen. Twiddling my thumbs, I looked back at the screen, ''No! Not again! You'll never get this cat's tongue!" It was so cheesy it was kinda good, but not really. DogCopter returned to his owner and was fed a piece of metal in the shape of a doggie bone. The credits began to roll, and we got out of our seats, Peridot had the biggest smile on her face.

"I can't wait for the sequel!" She said with the most sincere grin I've seen on her. She must be a huge fan.

"It was pretty great!" I think..

"I loved the part where DocCopter did that body smash into Dr. Catovitch! He was like woosh, and then Dr. was all like slam! Man, it was great!" She was doing these really cute hand motions attempting to show what had happened on screen.

"I know, Peri, I was there." I said laughing at her nerdiness.

"Yeah, it was even better with you there! I' glad I have a movie buddy, Jasper would never watch DogCopter with me. She says it's too cheesy, but she's one to talk." She started laughing all of a sudden.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, long story." She said in between breaths.

"Okay then.."

We started back down the boardwalk passing by the fry shop and pizzeria. It was about 7pm.

"So, wanna go get something to eat?"

Peridot's POV:

I was about filled up on popcorn and Gobstoppers, but I couldn't refuse this.

"Sure, where ya thinkin'?"

"We could go get some fries and eat them on the beach since you had all that candy and popcorn." She said laughing. I blushed, she probably thought I was a pig or something..

"Oh, uh yeah sounds good."

We walked to the window of the Fryman Fries and rang the bell. A little boy, a little older than Steven, walked to the counter wearing a white tank top and shorts. He barely reached the top of the counter.

"Welcome to the Fryman Family Fries, my name is PeeDee, what can I getcha?"

"Oh, hi PeeDee, we'll just take a large fry, please." Lapis said, sweetly.

"One large fry comin' up!" He said as he grabbed a fry basket and dropped them into a container.

"Thank you!" Lapis said, as she placed the money on the counter.

We walked down the boardwalk passing the sitting area of the beach.

"Hey, I thought we were going to sit at the beach?"

"I have an even better idea." She said with a smirk.

We walked up a hill, to an old lighthouse, overlooking the beach.

"I-It's beautiful." I said, amazed at the view.

"I come up here sometimes, I think it's definition of perfect." The skyline was an orange beginning to fade into a deep purple-ish blue color. The water danced with golden orange hues, reminding me of fire, a calm fire. It really was perfect.

This was the cheesiest thing I've ever seen or done, but I was completly okay with it. The view wasn't what made it perfect, it was her. Oh great it's rubbing off on me. Shaking my head, I lean up against the railing, a light breeze starting up. Lapis followed me and sat on the edge, her hand dangerously close to mine. I gulped, this is it, literally the perfect moment to do something. Well, you can hate me for this, but, YOLO!!

I grabbed her hand, and she looked at me fast, blushing.

"So, Lapis, I want to say something, but you may think I'm crazy. This is literally the perfect setup though! Well what I wanted to say was-" I was cut off by a pair of lips meeting mine.

What is this, the lighthouse of cheese? Okay even that was cheesy.

My eyes widened before I closed my eyes and put my hand behind her head, deepening the kiss. Perfection must end though, when I moved my hands I started falling of the edge...