Shaken, Never Stirred

A short little chapter, I'll post another later if not tomorrow, Enjoy!

-Super Mega Dorky Author

Lapis POV:

"It's a date."

I blush extremely

"W-Wait, like a, um, a time, er-"

She laughed at me, "Why not a date?" We were both blushing.

"Yeah, why not?" I smile.

I get up and walk behind the counter to get Steven, who was still stalking Lars.

"Okay, Steve-o, time to go home, Peridot's gonna walk with us."

He did his trademark goofy smile. "Woooo!"

Peridot and I walk out into the night, it was about 7 at night, still early. Steven followed behind us, and was talking about becoming a professional spy.

"I could do it! The name's Universe, Steven Universe." He said doing hand guns. Laughing, I replied,

"Shaken not stirred, right Steven?"

"Definitely."

We got to his house and opened the door seeing Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl sitting on the couch playing cards.

"Got any 2's...?" Pearl asked, looking at Garnet.

"Go fish."

Groaning, she picked up a card, "This game is pointless..."

They looked up and saw us standing in the doorway.

"Steven!" Amethyst ran up and put him in a headlock, and ruffled his hair.

"Hahah, Stop!"

"Um, hi..." Peridot said awkwardly.

"Who's this?" Amethyst asked.

"Oh, that's Peridot, she just moved here a few days ago. She's pretty cool."Steven said.

"Oh, my name's Amethyst, the tall one is Garnet, and the lame one is Pearl." She said laughing.

Pearl rolled her eyes and got off the couch."Welcome to Beach City, Amethyst has always been, that way." She said with disgust.

Amethyst crossed her arms.Garnet crossed her legs and laid back. "Yep."

"And Garnet is kinda quiet." Garnet just nodded.

"So, where were you, usually you get back around 5." Amethyst asked.

"I was with them at the Big Donut."

"Oh, right, that's why they're here.."

"Steven, you should probably tell your friends goodbye, you need to be in bed soon." Pearl said, bored.

"Oh, um, bye Lapis, Peridot." He said sadly.

"Come play cards with us, we could use another player." Garnet added.

Steven went to play cards with them as we walked out, heading to Peridot's house.

Peridot's POV:

We walked out and I awkwardly walked next to Lapis down the boardwalk. Tonight was interesting, and it wasn't over yet. Was she really going to stay at my house?... I looked at my feet and we walked toward the old beach house.

"Are you okay? You didn't say anything in there." She asked, concerned.

"I'm kinda shy around people I don't know that well... You didn't say much either, if anything."

"They don't really like me... I don't even think they're okay with me watching Steven. The only reason I do is because Greg likes me."

"Why wouldn't they like you? Your great! Nice, funny, probably more likeable than me."

"In school, I was really shy too, you know how kids are, they think the quiet kids are strange.. Rose was an exception. She would take up for anyone when people were rude. I guess they got jealous and started to hate me, especially Pearl... It's obvious she had a crush on her, and when she married Greg it got worse and worse. Rose got pregnant and had Steven, but she didn't make it out..." Her eyes were getting misty. "I was never really given a chance, and I rarely do even now. You were good to me even when we first met, but you say your shy around new people. I kinda grew out of it, but it's still hard for me even now..."

I look at her and my heart breaks, how could anyone treat her like that? She has a tear and I wipe it away."You're right, kids are mean, but I would never do anything like that... I was bullied too, but the only person who was my friend was Jasper.. But now, you're my friend, Okay?"

She looked away for a moment, I looked down, then she hugged me. I hugged back hesitantly, and she said, "Okay, friends."

My hug tightened and I smiled. She let go and we walked in, with my arm around her shoulder.