Steaming Hot Cup of Introduction

After hours and hours of cleaning the place actually looked somewhat decent. Not entirely up to my standards but I was hungry so it'd have to do for now.

"Phew, let's take a break I want to check out that donut shop we passed earlier."

"Thought you'd never get tired ugh." I laughed and walked outside followed by Jasper.

"That wasn't so bad, at least you'll live in a nice clean environment." I smiled

"Environment? You need to get out more."

"You get out as much as I do!"

"Pshh that's what you think."

We walked in the Big Donut, as the huge sign said above, and went to the counter.

"Hey, you guys look new, are you the ones who bought that old beach house?" A short girl with blonde hair stood next to a taller guy with gauges in his ear and a mohawk type thing.

"Yep, that's us" I replied.

"Well, welcome to Beach City! I hope you like it here it gets boring sometimes but the people are nice." The girl smiled.

"What can I getcha?"

"Just some coffee for me." Jasper said.

"I'll take one of those." I pointed at a donut with chocolate icing and sprinkles. Cleaning makes you hungry okay... She handed us the bag and we turned to leave.

"Ahh!" I accidently ran into a small girl and spilt Jasper's coffee on her, where'd she come from?!

"I'm so sorry! Here let me help you!" I grabbed my handkerchief from my back pocket. (It's for when I see a smudge) She took it and started drying her shirt.

"This is my fault, I wasn't paying attention..." She said solemnly.

"Well I wasn't either... Are you okay?? That coffee was fresh it must burn..."

"No, it's okay it's not that hot," She laughed nervously.

"what's your name? I havn't seen you around here before."

"I'm Peridot and that's Jasper." She had been giving her dirty looks the whole time, probably for ruining her coffee.

"Jasper, calm down we can get you a new coffee." She mumbled something and went back to the counter. I helped up the girl who's name I have yet to know.

"So what's your name?"

"Lapis Lazuli"

"That's nice, so do you live around here too?"

"Yeah I live a little bit away from here, I work at the car wash down the boardwalk."

"Oh yeah, I know where that is, we passed it when we got here, a few hours ago actually."

"Oh well I hope your settling in okay, I need to get going, my boss sent me here for some coffee too."

"Oh well see you around."

Jasper came back with another cup of coffee and Lapis walked to the counter as well. We left and began making our way back to our house.

"Well that was interesting."

"Made me buy a new coffee..."

"Your still on about that?!"

"You made me clean all day, what do you expect?!"

"Ugh..."