Gotta Par 'em All

Lapis Pov:

I walked back to the car wash to give my boss, Greg, his coffee. He and Steven were sitting in his van talking, and I handed him his coffee and sat next to Steven, his son and my friend.

"Thanks, Lapis." Greg said with a small smile.

"It was no trouble..."

"Why are you covered in coffee did'ya spill mine?"

"No, the two who bought that old beach house was in the Big Donut too, and when I was walking in, we bumped into each other...literally."

"Oh, well they must be pretty clumsy," He laughed awkwardly. "well you can go home we're about wrapped up here."

"Okay, see you guys tomorrow."

"Dad, can she walk me home?" Steven said quietly.

"Sure, kiddo see ya tomorrow." He waved as Steven hopped down and followed me hurriedly.

"Hey, Lapis."

"Hey, Steven."

"So... What's up?"

"Oh.. uh.. nothing really.." He laughed.

"You don't have to be so shy. Besides that coffee spilling on you was kinda interesting." He laughed again.

"Yeah, and painful!"

"Do you wanna come inside and play games with me when we get there? Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl are gone on some trip for a while and it gets kinda lonely..."

"Sure, I have nowhere else to be. Does Greg know you're all alone?" The boy looked at his feet.

"He gets mad when they leave me by myself so I didn't tell him..."

"Steven! That's something important you should tell your dad!"

"I know! I know.. but last time he said he'd make me move into the van! I want to stay in my mom's house.."

I sighed, Greg and Steven were complicated. Greg just wanted Steven to be happy but of course he didn't like a 10 year old kid all alone in some temple on a beach and the fact that his mom died right after he was born didn't make him all that relaxed in the parenting department.

"I'm staying with you tonight, that way you won't be alone."

"Really? Thank you thank thank you thank you-"

"Okay Steven Okay." I laughed. This will be a night.

We were camping on his bedroom floor playing a golfing game that kinda reminded me of Poke'Mon in an odd way. We laid on a blanket surrounded by empty chip bags and half empty CokeCola cans.

"Yeah! We did it! Secret Ending!"

He yelled dramatically.

The screen turned black and faded into a cut scene. The main character walked into a room called F.L.O.G. Wow, the creativity... It ended with him finding his father frozen in a capsule. They were reunited and watched a sunset over a golf course. Definitely different I suppose.

"So what do you wanna do now, Lapis? I have Karate Kats and Dogcopter2:The Game oh and-"

"Steven maybe we should get to bed." I smiled softly at him, he was so excited for me to be here.

"Awww, One more game? Please?" He did a puppy face... why me...

"Umm but Steven we already played one entire game start to finish and it's kinda late.."

"But I'm not even tired! How can I sleep when I finally have someone to play games with me!"

"We can play after work tomorrow I promise."

"Really?"

"Really."

"Okay, I guess I am a little tired..." I laughed.

"Okay sleepy head, time for bed."

He jumped up on his bed and laid down. I tucked him and turned off the T.V. making my way down the steps to the living room. I guess I'll be on the couch.

"Goodnight Lapis.." He snored softly, that was fast.

"Goodnight Steven." I whispered.

I set my blankets on the couch and collapsed into the pillowy mass I had created. What a day this had been.. I had met two new people in Beach City, covered in coffee, and played video games all night with pretty much my best friend. Not bad, Not bad. Maybe I should stop by that old beach house tomorrow and see how they're settling in.. or maybe they don't want visitors.. or maybe they're lonely.. ugh I don't know. I closed my eyes turned, falling asleep.