I put a spell on you

I sat in front of my new vanity mirror and carefully blended out my eyeliner to create a dark Smokey eye as I got ready for Sullivans Halloween Ball. Eden had already left to go and set up, she was eager to make a good impression and had meticulously planned every tiny detail, leaving nothing to chance. Sullivan was impressed with her proposal and offered her double what she had initially asked, along with a bonus and endorsement from him if the final products were high quality. I still hadn't heard anything back from the police, Jackson said he wasn't surprised and sent me into a complete meltdown when he flippantly stated that they don't tend to take things seriously until a body appears, but Cody had been great as always, and asked his contacts to keep him up to date of any developments. To top of another bizarre week in Hollywood I had arrived into work the following day to find a set of car keys on my desk. Mr Sullivan had brought me a blacked out, sup'd up Range Rover as an apology for my lack of safety on his premises. I tried to give it back and assured him that I didn't feel unsafe at all and the incident was just unfortunate, but he wouldn't have it and eventually told me that I accept it or I'm fired, so I'm now the proud owner of a car worth more than I make in a year. Jackson and I had finally finished the tour schedule and all the paperwork had been sent off for approval. We had a two week period before the big album launch started in the run up to Christmas so our attentions were now consumed with that and ensuring everything was ready and in place . It was safe to say that life had been manic, but even through the chaos, thoughts of Axel and our time in New York still found a place in my daydreams. I messed with my hair several times before finally committing to pinning it up and tonging a few strands to create some spiral curls coming out of the bun and to frame my face. I glanced across at my velvet black gown hanging on the wardrobe door. Maddie had helped me pick it out during our shopping trip that Jackson arranged. I could see why he loved her as much as he did, she was beautiful, kind, compassionate and hilariously funny. Her now noticeably growing belly already consumed her petite 5ft2 frame and now that her sickness had passed she was glowing. Thankfully Maddie was also able to help me out with choosing suitable underwear to accommodate my one shoulder, thigh high slit dress and in the quietness of my room I stood up and admired the black lace set sitting comfortably against my Californian sun kissed skin, there wasn't much material to the set, but after a lengthy debate about how I wasn't going out with no underwear on at all this was the middle ground we settled on. The strapless bra pushed tightly against my ribs offering a security that it would not move or slip out of place and the thin strapped thonged panties left little to the imagination, not that anyone but me would be getting a glimpse, but there was something to be said for the effect good underwear can have on ones confidence. I carefully lifted the dress from the hanger and stepped into it. The smooth velvet fabric glided up my body with ease and my hand slipped into the one full sleeve which ended just above my knuckles. Shit! I cursed, realising that I couldn't fully reach the zip at the back to do the dam thing up. I grabbed my phone and texted Cody.

Me: Hey, can you come up when you get here. I have a dress emergency?

The three dots instantly appeared on my screen.

Cody: Will do. On way. 10 mins.

My stomach growled from the stress and not the fact I hadn't been able to eat all day through nerves and excitement. I carefully took my Kurt Geiger stilettos from their box and laid them out at my feet and admired my pretty red manicured toes which matched my freshly polished hands. For a moment I contemplated switching the shoes for a scrappy heel, but decided against it and committed to the comfort of a closed shoe. I applied a fresh coat of matching red lipgloss and packed my small clutch ensuring I had my phone, keys, lipgloss and perfume atomiser then slipped on the shoes and had a final check around the room ensuring all electrics were off and I had everything I needed. The door buzzed as I walked into the living room so I headed over to the intercom and let Cody in.