Letters and Preparations

10 Years Later...

Arabella woke up in her bed, got changed out of her pyjamas and walked to the lounge.

"Hello Ominis" She greeted, smiling, as Ominis came into her view, sitting on the sofa.

Ominis smiled back "Hello there, time for breakfast?" He asked and Arabella nodded.

Ominis went over to the kitchen and prepared breakfast while Arabella sat at the dining table.

After about 10 minutes, breakfast was ready.

Both Ominis and Arabella spoke while they ate their breakfast, when suddenly Arabella spotted an owl at the window.

"I'll go and get that" Arabella said, going to the window and taking the letter from the owl's beak.

She went back to the dining table, not looking at the letter, and sat down.

She read the green ink on the back of the envelope which read:

Miss A. Gaunt

The Upstairs Bedroom

17 Willowbrook Lane

Cosy Haven

Hampshire

Arabella couldn't believe it, it was right there, in her hands, her Hogwarts letter. Arabella showed Ominis, who smiled and urged her to open the envelope.

Arabella tore the envelope open and out came a letter which read:

Dear Miss Gaunt

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Please find enclosed a list of all necessary items and equipment.

Term begins on September 1st. We await your owl by no later than July 31st.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Arabella smiled at the letter and looked at Ominis.

"Can we go to Diagon Alley to get my things now?" She asked.

Ominis chuckled "Of course"

After a few minutes had passed, Arabella and Ominis had arrived at the Leaky Cauldron. They walked to the opposite side of the building where they went through a door and entered a square space with a brick wall.

Ominis tapped a certain pattern of bricks on the wall and the walls started to shift and revealed a bustling, enchanting street lined with shops and buildings.

The pair of them entered Gringotts first. They were carted to the Gaunt family vault, and the goblin opened it, to reveal just a few small piles of Galleons.

Arabella knew there wasn't going to be much, as much of the Gaunt family's wealth had been squandered over the years.

Arabella took a few Galleons and they made their way back up to the surface.