Potions and Brooms

The next morning, Arabella walked down to her first lesson, Potions with Professor Snape.

She entered through the doors of the dungeon and sat down next to Harry and Ron.

Suddenly, a man with greasy, shoulder length black hair, a hooked nose and sallow skin entered the room and stood at the front of the room.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. You are here to learn the subtle art of potion-making. I can teach you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death if you aren't just a big bunch of dunderheads as I usually have to teach." Professor Snape said in an intimidating and droning tone.

"Then again, maybe some of you came to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention" Snape said intimidatingly.

Arabella looked to the left at Harry, who was currently busy writing notes. She nudged him and gave him a motion with her head which told him to pay attention.

"Mr Potter. Our new celebrity" Snape said, moving closer to Harry.

"Tell me, what would I get if I added a powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Snape asked.

Hermione shot her hand up. Harry shook his head.

"You don't know? Well let's try again, where, Mr Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" He asked again.

Harry shook his head again. "I don't know sir"

"And what is the difference between monkswood and wolfsbane?"

"I don't know sir"

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, Mr Potter" Snape told him.

After about an hour, Potions had finished. Arabella went to meet with Harry and Ron just outside.

Harry was looking down. "Cheer up, he's always taking points off Fred and George. Can I come and meet Hagrid with you?" Ron asked.

Harry nodded and they went their separate ways.

A few days later, Arabella went down to the Outer Bailey for her first flying lesson.

She lined up to the side of a broom.

"Welcome to your first flying lesson" Madam Hooch said.

"Step up to your broom, say 'up' firmly and clearly, then kick your leg over and rest your weight on the seat" She continued.

Suddenly, multiple shouts of 'up' were heard.

"Up!" Arabella shouted, and the wand floated instantly to her hand.

Arabella then smiled, and kicked her leg over the broom.

Then, when everyone had successfully mounted their brooms, Neville Longbottom started floating upwards.

Madam Hooch shouted, "Come down this instant, Mister Longbottom!"

But Neville kept slowly rising. He rose a few more metres before falling off the broom and crashing on the grass in a heap.

Madam Hooch went over to Neville. "Broken wrist" Arabella heard her mutter.

Madam Hooch then helped Neville stand and started walking him away.

"None of you is to move while I take this boy to the hospital wing! You leave those brooms where they are or you will be out of Hogwarts faster than you can say 'Quidditch'!" She said, before walking off to the Hospital Wing with Neville.

After a few moments, Draco picked something up from the ground.

"Did you see his face? Maybe if the fat lump had given this a squeeze, he'd have remembered to land on his fat ass" Draco sneered.

Harry stepped forward. "Give it here Malfoy"

Draco turned around. "No, I think I'll leave this somewhere for Longbottom to find" He said, mounting on his broom and flying off.

Harry started mounting his broom "Harry, no way, you heard what Madam Hooch said. Besides, you don't even know how to fly" Arabella told Harry.

Harry then flew off after Draco.

"What an idiot" Arabella muttered.

Harry flew up to Draco. "Give it here Malfoy or I'll knock you off your broom!" He ordered.

Draco sneered at Harry, taunting him with the object he was holding. "Oh, I'm shaking in my boots, Potter"

As the two of them continued to soar through the air, tension filled the atmosphere. It was clear that this encounter would lead to something more than just a dispute over an object.

In the end, Harry's determination paid off. With a well-timed dive, he managed to catch the small ball just before it could crash into a window.

Harry then came down from the air, waving the ball in his hand. The crowd ran towards where Harry had landed.

The crowd cheered for a bit until...

"Potter!" Professor McGonagall called. She had just come down from her office.

"Come" She finished.

Harry then walked back inside the castle with Professor McGonagall.

"He's about to get himself expelled" Arabella thought.

A few hours later, in the Great Hall, Harry returned with a smile on his face.

Arabella went up to him. "What are you smiling about?" She asked him.

"I've just been made Gryffindor Seeker" He smiled.

Arabella's eyes lit up. "That's incredible well done!" She said.

Harry chuckled. "Thanks, but shouldn't you be less enthusiastic hearing that a rival house to yours has a new seeker?" He asked.

"Yeah, but I'm allowed to be happy when friends get into quidditch teams aren't I?" Arabella smiled.

"Fair point" Harry said, still smiling.

Arabella then walked off. She walked for about half an hour until while in the trophy room, something caught her eye. She went towards it and read:

James Potter
Chaser

Seeing this, she ran to find Harry.

When she found him, he was talking with Ron about him getting the position in Quidditch.

"But I've never even played Quidditch, what if I make a fool of myself?" Harry asked.

"You won't make a fool of yourself, it's in your blood" Arabella said, approaching Harry.

She then led both Harry and Ron to the Trophy Room where she found the shields with the names on them and pointed at his father's name.

"Whoa" Ron started. "Harry, you never told me that your father played Quidditch too!" Ron exclaimed.

Harry looked at the shield. "I didn't know" he smiled.