Prom Disaster Pt 2

Kai and Nya were sorry...to their dad. They were both extremely pissed at each other and they had never gotten into a fight this big before. Their dad was also pissed. "What. The. Hell. Was. That?!" he shouted into their faces. "Why did you do that Kai?" 

"Of course it's my fault." Kai mumbled angrily. 

"What did you say?" Ray warned.

"Nothing. But it's never Nya's fault, is it?" 

"It was my fault last year. There. I said it. Happy?" Nya said. 

"No, I'm not happy. Couldn't have said that, I don't know, after it happened?" Kai responded. 

"Oh gee, but this time it isn't your fault is it?" 

"No because I didn't know!!!" Kai shouted.

"That's not a good enough excuse!!!!!!" she screamed. "Why are you telling Jay all my personal stuff anyway?" 

"I wasn't, but he asked if you liked him and I said--"

"Oh we all know what you said. Without even talking to me. The person he wanted information about." Nya said. 

The Smith family blew up. At each other. Including Ray. Maya eventually calmed it down. But no one left the fight satisfied. 

The next day, Nya and Kai avoided each other. Even on the walk home. Kai was trailing behind while Nya was racing ahead. And Cole was stuck in the middle. He knew something had happened. But Nya wouldn't talk to him. He had already tried. "Hey, um, Kai?" he asked.

"What?" Kai growled. 

"Did you and Nya, um, get into a fight or something?" 

"Is it any of your business?" Kai said. 

Cole had never heard his boyfriend talk to him like that. "Um, I guess not. But you two seem really pissed off and Nya won't talk to me." 

"Why don't you just shut up and go home? I don't need your pity, or you." Kai yelled at Cole in a burst of anger. 

And Cole just shut up, and went home, because Kai didn't need him. 

And that night, both the boys cried themselves to sleep. 

Kai felt awful about what he said to Cole. It was his fault this time. And he was planning to ask Cole to prom. But now, Cole won't talk to him. He won't talk to anyone. It's like the whole world has disappeared around him. Kai guessed something else had happened right after Cole got home, but he wasn't sure. It sure looked like it though. He tried to talk to him, but Cole never answered. 

And Cole started leaving class. Kai didn't know where he went. Until she came in and asked for Cole. Then the whole class knew. And then the whole school knew. And rumors spread. Because Cole was going to the therapist. Not like, a generic one. Everyone in the city knew that Ms. Tracey was the therapist that helps you deal with loss. Like, if someone in your family dies, or if you lose your house or something like that. 

Kids started calling him homeless and orphan. And Kai did nothing. He stood there, watching all these assholes bully his boyfriend. And he did nothing.

Eventually, Kai did something. He walked straight up to Cole. "I need to talk to you." he said. It wasn't a question. 

"Why?" Cole mumbled. 

"I think you know why. Come to my house after school." Kai said.

"No." 

"Please?" 

"No. Do you have any idea what you did?" Cole said. 

"What?" 

"After, you know, um, our fight, I went home and my foster parents could see something was wrong, so they tried to talk to me. But I wouldn't. So eventually they gave up and stuck me back in foster care. Their excuse was 'won't talk and is depressed'. And," he said. "My best friend died." 

"Cole, I'm so sorry. I know, it's my fault."

"Lila was the best." Cole says. 

"I'm really sorry. I still wanted to be your boyfriend but I didn't know if you just wanted to deal with it alone or..."

"Yup, I can deal with bullying all by myself." This made Kai start to cry. "Whoa, why are you crying?" Cole said, surprised. 

"I should have been there." he whispered. 

"No. You couldn't have done anything." 

"But I was your boyfriend and I would do anything for you." 

Cole noticed that Kai said 'was' instead of 'am' and that made him cry. 

"Not was. Am. I still want to be your boyfriend, Kai." he mumbled. 

"Like I said, we need to talk. Come to my house after school?" Kai said hopefully. 

"Yeah, sure." Cole responded. 

--------------------

oops i need a part 3 now...

oh well