Chapter 6: Terry Silver

Miyagi moved slowly, Daniel and Victoria moved along with him. Victoria's mind wandering from the kata thinking about last night and those goons. There was something up, how did they know Daniel wasn't going to fight? And what did they mean about money? Victoria was sure that the champion didn't get money when they won but maybe they changed the rules.

"Victoria-San okay?" Miyagi called to the girl pulling her from her thoughts

Victoria immediately snapped back into reality and nodded, "yeah just thinking." She answered before following them

All of the sudden the sound of a gate clicking made Victoria's eyebrows furrowed, she gulped too scared to look. She didn't want to see Mike and that other guy again.

"Excuse me." A voice called, this one was different. The man sounded older then the boys last night. "Mr. Miyagi?"

The three stopped their Kata and looked back at the man. He wore jeans and a coat over a white t-shirt and his hair was slicked back into a ponytail.

"Hai." Miyagi answered this stranger

"My name is Terry Silver." The man said as he walked up to them. "My master is Kim San-Jang of South Korea. My teacher sends his respects." The man bowed to Miyagi and Miyagi bowed back

Victoria looked between the two men wondering if Miyagi knew this Terry Silver. Daniel and her gave each other a confused look.

"John Kreese of the Cobra Kai dojo." That's what she was waiting for, there had to be a catch and there it was. She crossed her arms listening to the man as he talked. "Was our school's number one student. Word reached us in Korea only two months ago about what happened last year at the tournament. My teacher sends his apologies for John Kreese's dishonorable actions."

Her eyebrows furrowed and the two looked at each other confusedly again. She was sure Terry Silver was here for a fight but instead he came to apologize? Something fishy was going on and Victoria was going to find out if that was the last thing she'd do before she'd leave.

Terry bowed again, this time lower showing Mr. Miyagi more respect.

"Accept apology." Miyagi replied

"I was sent here to help John regain balance."

"Hope you can be successful."

"Unfortunately, I arrived too late. I buried John last week." Those words made Victoria's stomach churn

He was dead? Thoughts swirled in her mind as she opened and closed her mouth like a fish out of water. She wanted to say something but nothing came out.

"He's dead? What happened?" Daniel asked forming the sentences that Victoria couldn't

"His doctor said it was cardiac arrest, but I knew John better than anyone. Karate was his life. And after he lost all his students, it just broke his heart." Terry explained and Victoria almost felt sad, before she remembered that he made his students attack Daniel at the match and then almost killed Johnny because he didn't win

"John was a hero. He wasn't always like what you saw. He saved my life in Vietnam. War does something to a man, you had to have been there to know what I mean." Terry's voice broke

"Have been." Miyagi answered. "Do know."

Terry looked at Miyagi with almost a wondering gleam in his eye as he asked. "442nd?"

"Hai." Miyagi nodded

Victoria held in a laugh, this guy was good. She wasn't sure how he guessed the squadron so fast.

A smile covered Terry's face, "oh, man! More medals of honor came out of the 442nd than all World War II put together. I bet you've been there."

His eyes wandered over landing on Victoria and Daniel as he asked. "Are these your students? The champion?"