Chapter 14: Making Up

"Coming!" Jessica called as she walked up to her front door. Opening up the door, her eyebrows furrowed seeing Victoria on her doorstep. "Victoria what are you doing here?"

"Me and Daniel got into a fight, could I stay here for tonight?" She asked

Jessica looked concerned for Victoria as tears threatened Victoria's eyes. Jessica nodded and moved so Victoria could step in. Victoria sighed as she placed her stuff down, Jessica closed the door behind Victoria.

"Let me make another bed for you." Jessica said trying to move past Victoria but she shook her head. "The couch will be fine."

Jessica nodded before sat down, asking Victoria. "So what happened?"

Victoria sighed feeling tears filled her eyes. "It's a long story but Daniel took me out dancing and then there punched a guy. Then when we got home we had an argument about lying to each other and me leaving."

Jessica nodded and leaned over rubbing the girl's shoulder as she continued. "It's all Terry Silver's fault. He's pushing us away from Daniel. We're trapped in the snake's den and Terry's a Cobra ready to strike."

Jessica moved closer to the girl as tears poured out her eyes. Everything had been crashing down around Victoria, and all she wanted to do was cry. Jessica cooed to the girl letting her cry into her shoulder.

"Daniel will come around, I just know it. You guys have such a good relationship that this is something you guys will get through it." Jessica wiped away and Victoria nodded

"I hope you're right Jessica." Victoria sighed and got a hold of her emotions

"And if you ever need anyone I'm here." Victoria held onto Jessica, hugging the girl tightly

"Thank you." Victoria mumbled out

The sound of someone knocking on the door again ended the moment between the girls. Jessica sighed rolling her eyes and getting up.

"Who is it?" She called walking up to the door. "It's me, It's Daniel."

Jessica opened up the door just barely enough to see Daniel, he looked distraught. Jessica just glared at him.

"Is Victoria there?" He asked

Jessica replied, "she's not happy to see you."

Daniel nodded, she had a right to be angry but he couldn't sleep knowing that she was mad at him.

"I know I just need to talk to her...please." Daniel begged, Jessica looked over at Victoria sitting on the couch

The girl got up and traded places with Jessica, Victoria stared at Daniel upset and not sure if she wanted to see him.

"What do you want?" Victoria asked and he replied. "Can I talk to you?"

"Talk about what?" Victoria hissed, Daniel waited for a second seeing if Victoria was going to close the door.

When she just stood there staring at him, Daniel opened his mouth. "I want to apologize for tonight. It shouldn't have happened."

"Yeah you should tell that to the guy who's nose you broke."

"I am. I will." Daniel replied. "I just didn't want you leaving thinking that was me."

Victoria scoffed, "it wasn't you? Daniel you broke a guy's nose and then came home and yelled at me. We never got into arguments before, I don't know who you are anymore."

"I know." Daniel nodded as Victoria leaned against the door. "I've been trying to be someone I'm not and it's not working. I feel like I'm losing control of everything."

"Daniel you've always been a hothead and had a short fuse but now you're losing control of your temper." Victoria told the boy

Daniel listen and took a deep breath, "well, I've been losing sight of you...of us and Mr. Miyagi's trust. I've lost everything. I don't know what to do." Daniel's voice got louder telling the girl that he was stressed and angry. "I've totally wrecked everything with Mr. Miyagi. Everything! I know he's written me off. And I can't blame him. I don't blame him." Victoria placed her hand on Daniel's shoulders calming him down a bit as he finished. "I don't know what the hell I'm going to do."

Victoria nodded knowing that Mr. Miyagi's and Daniel's relationship had become strained but written off? Now that was just absurd, Mr. Miyagi and Victoria loved him too much.

"Calm down, nobody's written you off. Just because I got upset doesn't mean I'm gonna leave you. Mr. Miyagi, he loves you. He has faith in you. He told me that."

Daniel scoffed, "yeah well let's see how much faith he has in me, when he heard about what I did tonight."

Victoria clicked her tongue, "I think he should hear it from you first."

He shook his head. "It's too late. It's too late. I blew it. It's blown."

Victoria's expression became stern as she sternly told Daniel. "You're gonna blow it unless you do something about it now."

"I know, you're right. It's easy to say.  It's just, I don't know if I could face him." Daniel stuttered and Victoria reassured him pressing a kiss to his cheek. "You'll do fine. You just gotta do it."

"You should come back home with me, I know I could do it if you were there." Daniel said hoping that Victoria would come back

The girl shook her head. "I don't think I could. I just need some time to myself and that's something you have to tell Mr. Miyagi on your own."

Daniel gulped and nodded but Victoria opened her mouth adding more. "I'll come back tomorrow and then we'll see what goes on from there. Okay?"

"Okay." Daniel mumbled and he stepped from the door

Victoria looked back at Jessica telling her she was going to step out for a minute before joining Daniel outside of Jessica's apartment.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner. I was scared you were going to get upset or angry." Victoria apologized

"I get it but I'm not mad you're leaving. I'm sorry that I lied to you so much." Daniel replied. "I'm gonna miss you so much when you're gone."

His voice cracked making tears well up in Victoria's eyes. "You can always call me if you need."

Daniel smiled at Victoria feeling a weight off of his chest knowing that they were at least one step in the right direction. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Victoria nodded, "yeah see you tomorrow."

Daniel turned from the girl and walked away as Victoria opened up the door walking back into Jessica's apartment. She smiled wiping away the few tears that had escaped, that boy she knew from Reseda was still there it just took her a bit to find him.