Chapter 7: Mike Barnes

"Hey, hey come on guys!" Daniel yelled as the guy flicked the lights off

Victoria jumped up along with Daniel, and through the darkness she could still see them. Her eyes followed the boys as Daniel growled out. "This isn't funny anymore. Come on, turn on the lights."

"Hey Danny, I hope you got some good news for my friend Mike here." He said as Mike walked up to stand by his friend. "I hope so too, Daniel."

Daniel was tired, tired of always getting into fights. "Listen I told you, all right. I can't help you. Forget about it, all right?"

Victoria watched as the other guy broke from the group walking away from them. "Hey, where are you going?" She called as Jessica stood up and added. "Hey, come on."

"You haven't signed the application yet." Mike said as he reached down grabbing some of the food

Daniel spoke calmly trying to de-escalate the situation. "I'm not signing the application, all right. I'm not gonna compete."

Victoria sighed tired of this as well. "Please just take your friends and get out of here." She asked nicely

Mike looked back at the guy calling to him. "Hey, Dennis. He didn't sign it yet."

Victoria and Daniel also looked at Dennis who nodded, a sly smirk covered his face. They watched as the guy turned to the shoji, yelling as he punched through the material breaking it.

"No!" Victoria yelled

"Hey!" Daniel yelled. "Come on guys. This is getting out of hand now. Don't you get it? I'm not signing the application."

The three laughed as Daniel stood between the three. Mike and his one friend stood in front of him and Dennis stood behind the boy.

"Sure you are." Mike smiled

"No, I'm not going to be there. You're wasting your time." Daniel replied as Victoria tried walking forward

Mike turned to face the girl, his eyes glaring into her as he pushed her back. "Stay there." He growled

"Take off, all right?" He tried reasoning with Dennis who seemed the mellowest out of all of them

"You take off!" Dennis answered pushed Daniel back before the two started egging Dennis on

Daniel lunged forward grabbing Dennis by the shirt. Victoria gasped as her heart was racing, she yelled for Daniel to stop watching as the two started fighting. Daniel threw Dennis into a box, Andy moved but Victoria didn't let him go far. She elbowed him in the stomach knocking all the air out of his lungs knocking him into a table before turning to Jessica.

"Stay back." She told Jessica who stood there frightened. The girl nodded and took a couple of steps back

Mike turned to look at Victoria, her eyes glared into his. He moved quicker then Victoria could comprehend, sending a kick into her stomach. The girl fell back, holding her stomach as Jessica caught her.

"You okay?" The girl whispered to Victoria who took a deep breath. She nodded before quickly standing up

"Hey!" Daniel called to Mike, storming up to the man who barked back. "Come on, punk! Let's see what you've got!"

Daniel sent a kicked at Mike who blocked it easily, smiling as he talked through the fight. "Nice kick. Not bad." Daniel changed his attack throwing punches now but all Mike did was block or redirect. "Better. Good, but not good enough."

Mike caught Daniel's arm and sending kicks into the boys side pushing Daniel into another shoji. Victoria's body filled with anger, not only were they hurting Daniel but they were destroying Mr. Miyagi's shop.