Chapter 2: Envelope

"You know, I've been thinking about the bonsai shop idea." Daniel said as the trio started unloading the truck. "You already have all the stock. How hard can it be?"

"Not too hard, Daniel-san." Miyagi answered passing the boy a bonsai tree. "If Miyagi have money for lease, deposit, fix-up. But since we build house for Yukie in Okinawa...money very short supply." Miyagi explained

"Supply?" Daniel chuckled and reached into his pocket fishing out his money. "Supplies are us, huh?" Victoria shook her head knowing that money was for college for Daniel

"Thank you, Daniel-San but that not money." Miyagi declined as Daniel turned the wad of cash around

"It looks like money." He said before giving it a long smell. "Smells like money. Good money. Smell that."

Victoria giggled at the boy who pushed the money close to Miyagi before her.

Miyagi answered, "smell like college education."

"I know that, Mr. Miyagi, but I have a great idea-" Daniel started most likely going on one of his long stories but Miyagi quickly stopped there boy. "Daniel-San. No idea. Discussion closed."

Victoria smiled as Miyagi closed the tailgate. Daniel sighed wanting his Sensei to see his side.

"Yeah but what about your dream? And, Mr. Miyagi, no offense, but if you miss the train this time, there may not be another one for a long, long time." Daniel called explaining to his Sensei

"Daniel's right, you don't get this chance a lot." Victoria agreed

Miyagi turned to his students and replied. "Then Miyagi take bus."

Victoria smiled and laughed at Mr. Miyagi answer. Quickly she chased after her mentor.

"Hey, Mr. Miyagi." She called as he turned around to face the girl, Victoria played with her hands. "I was wondering, could I stay here?"

Mr. Miyagi nodded at the girl who smiled.

••••

Victoria smiled looking at the room that Mr. Miyagi had built for Daniel. It was nice, spacious for a person to live there but Victoria wasn't sure for two. She sighed and pulled her backpack higher on her shoulder.

"Mr. Miyagi worked hard on this and it looks nice." She said

"Yeah." Daniel replied and sat down on his bed

Victoria ran her hand through her hair, maybe she could sleep in her car run the heat on. It would drain her gas but it would be better then sleeping in a cold car. Daniel saw the expression on the girl's face change and quickly he got up.

"You can sleep on the bed, I'll sleep on the floor." Daniel smiled, Victoria looked at him and shook her head. "No Daniel I can't make you do that."

"No Victoria I insist. It'll remind me of Okinawa." Victoria giggled as Daniel pulled a pillow and blanket off of the bed

The girl placed her backpack in the corner and sat on the edge of the bed. As Daniel got ready for bed, Victoria pulled her shirt up just enough to see her bruise, she hissed as she outlined the dark spot with her finger. Daniel's face fell watching Victoria, he felt bad for her.

Victoria looked up catching Daniel's eyes, she let go of her shirt and smiled. "I'm fine, it's a little sore."

"Do you need anything, ice pack? Heating pack?" Daniel asked concerned for the girl but she just shook her head