Chapter 16: The Tournament

The yelling was overwhelming as Victoria sat on the sidelines. She gulped her water down as Mr. Miyagi and Daniel stood next to her, it was the semi-finals now meaning Victoria against Mike Barnes. Her heart raced and she wasn't sure if that was from the adrenaline from the other rounds or because soon she'd have to go up against the man who had almost killed her.

Victoria shook her arms and legs trying to shake out the nervousness as the announcement called them onto the mat.

"You got this Victoria." Daniel said as Victoria walked onto the mat, she looked over watching as Terry talked to Mike. She watched his lips and gulped as she saw what he was saying to Mike.

"Destroy her."

Mike nodded before stepping up on the line. Mike gave the girl a sly smirk as he got into his fighting position. Victoria took a deep breath and put her hands up.

"Fight!" The referee called and Mike made his move

He rushed up to Victoria sending a kick that Victoria dodged pushing his foot away from her. Mike quickly turned around as Victoria sent a kick at him, Mike grabbed her leg and swept the other sending a jab to her side.

"Point Barnes!" The officiant yelled as Mike walked back up to his line, Terry laughing as he saw Victoria

She quickly got up turning her head to Daniel and Miyagi. Mr. Miyagi held his stoic expression and just nodded to the girl, Daniel sighed and gave her a thumbs up. Victoria nodded taking a deep breath, not wanting Barnes or Terry to win by seeing her frightened.

She slipped back into her fighting position as the referee called for them to fight. Mike stepped forward scaring Victoria as she brought her hands up higher, Mike laughing before jabbing his hand forward. Victoria grabbed his arm turning so that his arm was over her shoulder leaning forward and throwing the man forward.

Mike rolled but quickly got back onto his feet, Victoria blocked a kick but got pushed back. She moved backing away from the edge, Mike turned and sent a wheel kick into her stomach. Victoria fell hitting the floor as she gasped for air, why was it always her side. Daniel gasped staring at Victoria who slowly got to her knees.

"Can't fight anymore?" Mike asked mockingly. "You better remember this moment Barron!"

Victoria gulped calming her nerves and holding her side. Her eyes locked on Terry, watching as he laughed glaring at Victoria. Mike smiled as he walked back up to the line.

"You got this Victoria!" Daniel called lessening her nerves

She stepped on the line and got ready, ignoring the burning in her side.

"Fight!"

Victoria waited watching as Mike moved, jabbing at the girl and trying to land kick after kick. He became annoyed as she blocked his attacks, he hit harder pushing her back. She tripped falling back and Mike went to hit her in the stomach but Victoria pushed him away quickly getting up. She got up and turned sending a roundhouse kick into him which Mike caught and dropped her to the ground hitting her back. Victoria gasped as she laid on The ground.

"Three points for Barnes!" The announcer called as Victoria slowly stood up.

"Winner!" The referee called pointing at Mike

Victoria gulped her nerves finally catching up to her.

"You're next, LaRusso. I own your ass!" Mike growled as he walked off of the mat

Victoria turned and walked back up to Daniel and Mr. Miyagi. Her breath was shaky and everything seemed muffled, she had lost. Victoria felt defeated as she stood by Daniel and Mr. Miyagi and even her side didn't bother her.