𝟎𝟏𝟏. not a queen

011. NOT A QUEEN

 NOT A QUEEN

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

Mischa set her eyes on the horror of the survivors in the tunnel. Many laid dead on the ground with sheets over them to cover their bodies, the others still alive were wounded and being treated. She pasted Adrik who was having his bloody and torn up hand worked on by Nadia and David.

Mischa was relieved to see David had made it down there with them. Tamar was there too, thank the Saints. All her friends seemed to be accounted for but there was one she didn't see.

"Alina?" Mischa called out in panic, not seeing the Sun Summoner anywhere. Her voice announced the room of her new presence and David looked to her. Mischa didn't even realize she looked like she'd been through hell. Her hair had fallen out of its bun, dust and soot stained her sun-kissed skin and not to mention the beautiful gown she wore had been ripped to give her better access to run and move.

When Mischa got no reply she shouted again as the worst thoughts began to cloud her mind. She couldn't lose Alina. As much as she hated to admit it, Alina was her family, her sister, not by blood but by choice. Mischa was trained to not have normal feelings and get close to people. But, she disobeyed that and now she had friends, family, she had a place along people.

"Alina?!"

She exhaled deeply in relief when she saw the raven locks of her friend stand up from beside Nikolai who laid a cover over a body. Alina snapped her head towards Mischa's worried voice, she herself sighing in relief Mischa was okay.

"Mischa!" Alina ran to her immediately, throwing her arms around Mischa, not caring if the girl didn't like hugs, she needed it. For once, Mischa accepted the physical embrace. She felt burning eyes on her and looked past Alina to see Nikolai smile relievingly at her, glad she was safe.

He was frantic when he didn't see her. Especially, when Alina, Adrik, Nadia and Tamar came into the tunnel without her with them. He worried he'd lost her. It made his chest physically hurt at the thought she wasn't with him in this world anymore. His feelings for the assassin were growing moment after moment they spent together. He'd never thought this marriage would successfully work, it wasn't a love match.

But, it made him think. Could it be a love match?

"Thank the Saints you're okay." Mischa mumbled as they pulled away but Alina's eyebrows were pinched together in worry.

"I'm okay, but, I can't find Mal."

Mischa frowned, not liking he wasn't down there with them. "He must be still upstairs."