𝟎𝟏𝟕. his dying breath

017. HIS DYING BREATH

 HIS DYING BREATH

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

Alina pressed her hand against Mal's wound before looking up and trying to find the Heartrender, um aware Aleksander was slowly pushing himself up onto his feet. "Nina! Nina!"

"Alina. Look at me." Mal gasped out through strangled breaths. "I don't have much time. Please." He handed her his dagger and Alina took it numbly although she refused to wield it.

"I can't."

He wrapped his hand on top of hers which held the dagger, guiding the tip of the dagger over his heart.

"Make them redraw all the maps."

Alina stifled her cry's as Mal's other hand gripped the dagger to force her to force her to stab into it to him.

"I love you." Alina whimpered as the familiar red glow began to return to her face and form around them.

"You know where to find me." Mal whispered.

Alina nodded, sniffling and blinking away the tears before she pushed the dagger into his chest. As Mal's life faded away, his energy went into her and just like that she saw his last moments which were of only her and their fond memories together.

In rage, Alina yelled from the bottom of her throat and thrusted her free hand into the sky above, her light of blue and red mixed together stormed the darkness surrounding them. Mischa had to place a hand over her eyes to protect them from the life.

The barrier of her light began to spread until the Fold had completely disappeared and in its wake left dry sand cascading right down the border of Ravka. Once it the Fold was all gone, Alina fell on top of Mal's lifeless corpse.

But, the fight was far from over. Four nichevo'ya formed from thin air, all growling with anger. There was only so much Zoya and Inej could do now with a missing Nina Zenik.

As if Alina's crys of help of help were heard, Nina came running back to her and knelt down beside Mal.

Inej managed to kill two nichevo'ya with the blade before the blade was knocked out of her hands and far away from her reach, the tip of the blade dug into the sand. Zoya used her wind to try and help but the last two nichevo'ya only pushed back harder.

Mischa saw their struggle and pushed herself to her feet. She wiped the sand off her dress before she closed her eyes.

Her hands rose in front of her, folding around in intricate patterns along with her fingers as her eyes moved from under her closed eyelids. Her lips pressed together to create a straight line as she envisioned what she needed in order to find the monsters.