𝟎𝟏𝟒. aleska morozova

014. ALESKA MOROZOVA

 ALESKA MOROZOVA

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

   "No! Stop!"

   Mischa and Baghra drew to still as they heard Alina's panicked scream. Not giving the other another thought, they ran into the workshop where she was, Mal joining them upon hearing her scream.

   Alina was stuck to the wall, her blue cascading around her body in spirals. It was obvious that Kirigan was the invisible force keeping her against the wall.

   Baghra pushed Mal back when he made a move to go help her. "Leave her. Don't break the connection."

   "You said she's not strong enough to face him!"

   "Exactly." Mischa didn't question Baghra's response because Alina's ripples of energy she sent from her body began to shake the ground and room around them.

   Baghra took a lit torch off the wall. "I will end this once and for all. Once I've killed my son, my time here is done. All this goes with me."

   Mischa snapped her head towards the older woman she recently found out was kin with her eyes wide. "What? Baghra, no —"

   "My time has come, my child." Baghra grabbed Mischa's hand forcefully before shoving the piece of paper of a wedding invite in her grasp. Baghra looked back to her granddaughter with an apologetic glint in her eyes. "Know that I've always loved you, even when I was not in your life. Goodbye, granddaughter."

   No, not after Baghra had told her she was Aleksander's daughter, she couldn't leave her now. Mischa still had so many questions but so little time. She need to know more. How is it Baghra knows she's a Shadow Summoner without any indications she actually is? Why did Aleksander nor Baghra never told her the truth? Is her mother still alive?

   Time was running out, Baghra knew that. That's why she had decided to tell Mischa of her true heritage before her time in this world came to an end.

   Mischa was afraid. She was afraid that someone from her family she had just reconnected with was about to die and that her Father is a murderer with no thoughts about anyone but himself.

   Maybe this was what her Mother wanted to keep her away from — her father's madness and his thirst for vengeance, and the losses she would grieve over.

   Baghra ripped her hand from Mischa's pleading grasp, begging her not to sacrifice herself. Baghra ignored the girl and threw the torch into a box filled with parchment paper. The box lit a flame.